ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.5 diesel will £700 get me a good one ?

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
No friggin way. If you do it will undoubtedly have issues, whether they be injectors, turbo, valve seats, or cat c or d...

If you did, as said before it'll have done a million miles, be a 65 base model and just a dog.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I've got a dCi '80 Megane II for £1450... Good luck with a K9K X65 for under £1500 though

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
well already bought a clio 1.4 but was quite bad for engine problems so defo not wanting another petrol clio

might have to look elsewhere :(

Honda. Tesla Someday
I've just agreed to sell my DCi65 with 99,000 on the clock for £1400 - which is CHEAP with good service history, MOT, TAX (£30 per year) and a brand new turbo fitted and 4 good Continental tyres!

Good luck finding one for £700!! LOL

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
as dan said, £700 dci 65/80/100 is going to be a complete shed. turbo fucked and everything wrong with it. and you say you have had problems with a 1.4 petrol... diesels are just as worse when they give up the ghost

172 cup
If your buying cars with that sort of budget petrol or diesel dont expect them to last more then 6 months, if you get a year out of them for that budget you have done well

Honda. Tesla Someday
Invest in a decent one if you can up the budget. You will save in the long run, they are dirt cheap to run! Sad to see mine go really!

Not a chance for £700- i paid £2000 for my dci 100 and that needed a new front bumper and a few other bits doing

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
can get a half decent car for £700 just not a renault .

i know it will have rust on it but tbh i only need it to last a year till i save and buy a much newer car :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my mate paid £700 for one 6 months ago, he done 20k and he sold it for £800, but it was a proper f**king shed lol never cost a penny other than a pair of tyres and oil change lol!

had done 200k or there abouts and would still do 65mpg most days lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Engines are good on them. But everything bolted to them and around the whole car falls apart LOL

Would hate to think if it was 65hp still at 200k miles.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my last one was a 100 @ 130

this ones staying standard, its just about cheap as chips motoring lol i would have got an 80 or 100 if i was planning power but i knew id get carried away so at least im now held back by my injectors :p

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
my mate paid £700 for one 6 months ago, he done 20k and he sold it for £800, but it was a proper f**king shed lol never cost a penny other than a pair of tyres and oil change lol!

had done 200k or there abouts and would still do 65mpg most days lol
You have a mate?

172 Cup
We have a 65&80. Both were about 2k and both needed £500 or so just making them right. Decent cars though.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Someone on here had a high mileage dci 65 clio van on the original engine.

221841_10150232164222629_244822_n.jpg

Clio 1.5 Dci 65
I paid £500 for my 2002 Dci 65 (95k miles) only reason it was so cheap was because it had a couple of issues, one of which costing £260 to fix, the other issue is with an airbag light where the previous owner hit some ice, smacked a curb and the airbag in the passenger seat deployed and the pre-tensioners on the front and rear passenger seatbelts fired.... Getting that lot sorted won't be cheap as need ecu reconfiguration after having new airbag controller, new pre-tensioners and seatbelts fitted, the controller being the more expensive part out of the lot.

So there are some cheaper ones out there but as others have said, be prepared for problems (I've been very VERY lucky with my find I think)