ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.5 dCi - Apparently Won't do 80mpg. Apparently.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Well, got a dCi 80 for my grandparents (f**king beast TBH, all the whizzbangs, this motherfucker's like the Macbook Pro of Clio dCis) and after having someone tell me that for 6 months I 'couldn't possibly' have got 80mpg from (my) dCi 80', I decided to prove that son of a b**ch wrong.

So I did. And I made some very bizarre and pointless videos. But Clio dCi 80s can do 80mpg. ALLLLLL day long on the motorway...

[YOUTUBE]NfchHDbx7TE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-XYqwWtXn0c[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]sJGCDibyXZo[/YOUTUBE]

And, to top it off - a good (long!) dose of town and back road driving. Still doing nearly 80mpg.

[YOUTUBE]ckUyJ-Ry2fg[/YOUTUBE]

Word.

Evo
Not that i dont believe you but i can get 80mpg out my 197 by resetting the trip computer and driving down a hill lol. :p

Edit: fair one, seen your average mpg. my bad.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I could get my parents 207 to read 999mpg. This doesn't really prove anything.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I could get my parents 207 to read 999mpg. This doesn't really prove anything.

What, apart from the fact it's showing 82mpg over 20-odd miles? It's all good and well claiming such things, but there's no 'instantaneous' and the average mpg is reset at the same time as the distance shown by the same icon... So I'm afraid unless you've solved the world fuel crisis, then all you've proved is that you didn't watch the video!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I really want one now. 75mpg average, and about 600miles to a tank i imagine?

Want!

800-850 to a £50 tank I reckon - the fuel gauge is 2 bars down and reckons there's 600+ left...

Wow, you must have alot of time on your hands.

Drove up to see my mum in it today and pick up a stereo from Kieran (Gray). Nothing interesting happening on the roads so decided to prove a point!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Well before you blaze in there with the evidence I'd maybe bet this person something first or string them along.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Oh, and TBH this is the best car ever in the ice. It's got some form of Kumhos on it and not once did I struggle getting up shitty inclines, stopping, turning... It's great! Obviously you can't just go off taking liberties but if you're gentle with it it'll do anything!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
i got 4600 odd mpg outa mine also by filling up resetting the trip and driving down hill:cool:

185lb/ft dCi
nice vids mike, strong engine with plastic shell, sounds like something similar... oh wait........

well done for battling in the thread, one man army!

Evo 8 MR
Let's not forget that is doing less than 50mph. It may be possible but I for one wouldn't be able to cope sitting at that speed on the motorway and then around town it's only gonna drop further.

There's no doubt it is a cheap motor to run though.

audi a6 3.0tdi
The clio is impressive but i think this is better considering its over double the power and was being driven on country roads

P1000409.jpg

at 50mph on a motorway i think i could beat 80mpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
Let's not forget that is doing less than 50mph. It may be possible but I for one wouldn't be able to cope sitting at that speed on the motorway and then around town it's only gonna drop further.

There's no doubt it is a cheap motor to run though.

Where in that video does it show doing less than 50mph, apart from the town driving? That was an AVERAGE of 54mph, including slowing down for the slip road and half mile at sub-30 because of slush...

Better than yours. C*nt.
The clio is impressive but i think this is better considering its over double the power and was being driven on country roads

P1000409.jpg

at 50mph on a motorway i think i could beat 80mpg

Do so then! Having had bigger diesels I think I can safely say you won't beat 80mpg at an average of 54mph over 20 miles, but welcome you to prove me otherwise! Modern engines never cease to amaze...

Edit - I'm not trying to take anything away from that BTW, it's just where do you draw the line? An Evo doing 25mpg is 'impressive for a 400bhp car', etc - I simply think it's going to be nearly impossible to beat 80mpg at speeds which are acceptable on the motorways!

Last edited:
  audi a6 3.0tdi
when the weather is better i'll do it, i can't get off the street at the minute. i'll set the cruise control and take two pics at 20 minute intervals. It'll be intresting to see what it does. I may be wrong but it'll be good to see.

audi a6 3.0tdi
i'm going to see if i can get off the street i'm curious now as to what it would get. Cruise control is s**t i'll just try and keep it at 50mph or more.

Evo 8 MR
Where in that video does it show doing less than 50mph, apart from the town driving? That was an AVERAGE of 54mph, including slowing down for the slip road and half mile at sub-30 because of slush...

In all of them actually. You do realise your speedo isn't 100% accurate? In fact it will more than likely read 5-10% too fast.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
they are impressive little engines, my mrs got 65mpg on the motorway over 60miles doing 70-80mph

audi a6 3.0tdi
well i've done it and got 86.5mpg pics to follow when i get home. Not bad for 190bhp barge. I had to do it in 5th gear so i recon i could probably get the same doing 70mph in 6th gear. Bet it doesn't take twenty minutes to get home, 50mph ftl

audi a6 3.0tdi
First pic 11.56 after just resetting it

P1000677.jpg

P1000680.jpg

P1000691.jpg

P1000702.jpg

P1000713.jpg

P1000720.jpg

P1000731.jpg

P1000746.jpg

and after a quick blast home

P1000750.jpg