ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.4 rt, can it be turbo'd? (not a stupid speculation only post)

BG 182
Hi guys,

well we are getting into the new year and as such the local sealed surface trials return for the summer. Not particularly wanting to go balls out in 1st all the time in my daily 182, im going to buy a cheap ass mk2p1 1.4 rt for 200 quid and strip it.

i have a spare k03 in my garage from my old 206 hdi and wanted to know if mechanically and electrically (mapping ect) would this be viable.

i would be forming up mani's, flanges and plumbing as i have use of a mill and pipe bender.

frankly i couldnt give two if it lasted 6 runs as it will be on a trailer ;)
thoughts?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no reason why it couldnt, only issues i can see you facing is finding out the limits of the standard internals due to the fact no one will really have done it before so no knowledge to go by and having to go standalone management

of course the sensible option is a 1.8 or 2.0 16v lump but wouldnt life be boring if we all done sensible!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
i would presume you can do it. safely i recon you'd be running arround 120bhp on low boost.

if you want more, i would look into getting a good map done to it. just chucking boost wont last it down the road.

i think injectors would give you hell aswell. hence the needs of trying to source a set of 172/182 injectors to give you the extra fueling required for boost.

plus, from my knowledge , that turbo from your derv , will be designed to deliver low down rpm boost as appose to high end due to diesel are all torque and less revs.