ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2

Grande 1.2
Need to swap the cables round for the lights, i'm pretty sure it should be the bottom of the lights should be on when your running the ph2's rear lights. Cars looking better now tho :D

Cheers mate, I think ino why, its because i used the bulbs + holder from my original lights that came with the car, and on those, the fogs are at the bottom, so its the top that lights up. definetly no problem with the wiring! lol im concerned now, will they pass MOT??

Grande 1.2
Its been ages since ive posted anything to do with the project!! to be honest ive made no progress; just been looking after the car, keeping it healthy... but earlier today I did jazz up a few shots of the car on photoshop... thought i would just post them up on my old thread :approve:
coreybw.jpg

corey3.jpg

pscorey2.jpg

Grande 1.2
car looks well, could do with some nice springs if the insurance doesn't bankrupt you ;)

lol cheers, it wouldnt bankrupt me... but its an expense i dont need atm, especially seems as its already lowered :)

edit - its lowered by 40 mil... the pic is taken close to the ground... sooo dosent look as low as in real life :O

Grande 1.2
That bonnet looks awful imo. If you like it then thats all that matters.

Needs lowering though.

lol.......awful.... ouch.... thanks :clap:

its already been said mate! and as ive said already.... I like the carbon bonnet... so......:butt:

TT QS
slam it!
little things like lights and wheels dont anger me too much haha.
coming along nice :)
were the handles easy enough to change?

Grande 1.2
cheers mate. And yeah ill slam it when i get the chance+funds :) its been a long time coming.

I kept the same handles, they stayed on the car whilst i sprayed them... ive got plenty of experience painting very carefully lol as im studying an art course... my expertise lacks in cars :L so basically i couldnt get them off without nearly breaking something!! so i sprayed them twice.... once as in the closed position, and once again using a screw to hold them in the open position!!

sounds very bodge job... but worked very well :L before everyone starts laughing at me!! :approve:

RS172 Flamer
car looks well, could do with some nice springs if the insurance doesn't bankrupt you ;)

lol cheers, it wouldnt bankrupt me... but its an expense i dont need atm, especially seems as its already lowered :)

edit - its lowered by 40 mil... the pic is taken close to the ground... sooo dosent look as low as in real life :O

Sorry mate, i ment to put "Coilies" not "Springs". My bad!

And i took my springs off, money i wasn't willing to pay to my insurance :/

Grande 1.2
the springs didnt effect my insurace that much tbf, did it make yours go up a lot?

but that might be because ive been driving for 3 years & over 21 so maybe cheaper for me....

Grande 1.2
Hey guys,

I did a photshop edit today to see what the car would look like fully colour coded, and lowered more.... I wanted to also shop some dual optics onto it.... but i never got round to that. anyways heres how she would look:cool:....

photoshopcorey.jpg

Grande 1.2
Re: clio grande 1.2 - Mk2 Ph1

Riteyho!!!

That time has come - the time where I need to start selling! in order to get some money. First of all - the mods have got to go :( then eventually the car. The poor thing has got a bit of a journey to go until it can be sold! but I remain faithfull that it can be done :D

First things first - I need to get rid of the carbon bonnet, the angel eyes, the 172 wheels, and the subwoofer.

So far I have managed to sell the bonnet!! some lucky swine got it for £150 :dapprove: I feel like crying.
Then there are the alloys! Jossman has agreed to buy them for £200 once he has sold his.

So.. so far I am up £350 :D happy bunny.

Heres how the car is looking now..

IMAG0780.jpg

My next priority is to get rid of those headlights! Im not too sure how much I will be able to make from them, probably more likely to have to pay somebody to take them!!
But my plan is to use some of the money to get some Dual optics.
I am also looking at some Foglights on ebay - fingers crossed.

today I gave the car a mighty clean and polish. I also gave the bumpers some black polish.

IMAG0776.jpg

Looking much sharper. - I might also respray the bumpstrips & wingmirrors

My other plans will be to:

-to respray the front badge in anthrite/ or carbon wrap it
- get hold of some cheap dual optics
- find some cheap fogs - and yellow tint

Also once Joss has baught the 172 wheels - I will be putting my steelies back on! :eek: so I will be giving them a sand down, and respray.

My goal is to basically make the car sellable, and have it looking smart.

Grande 1.2
nah mate, i want to keep these. They need a respray anyway, your better off just buying a few cans of paint and spraying yours yourself mate.

DCI100
I've got the paint mate, bit unhappy that my 632 can has a darker pearl than the 632 on my car ! what a nightmare, might not be too noticeable though. Did you sand them down?

Grande 1.2
Yeah i sanded them down, primed them, sprayed them, then laquered. bit there still not perfect. Give it a try mate! youve got the paint, you might as well :cool:

DCI100
Yeah f**k it, doing bare work on the car at the moment mate. top half of engine rebuild, removing a few patches of rust, new wheels, colour coding...... so much work

DCI100
cheers bud, hoping to have the car running tomorrow :) no doubt there'll be hold ups though, The joys of owning a car.....

Grande 1.2
Right guys... latest update - I have some foglights! I fitted them this afternoon, although I havent got hold of any wiring for them yet, I just couldnt wait to get them on the car to see what they would look like :)

IMAG0841.jpg

IMAG0840.jpg

IMAG0839.jpg

Looking smarter I think. I am thinking of tinting the foglights black - and then spraying the outer black bits silver. they definitely need a clean & polish.

btw I am perhaps going to replace the angel eye headlights - with some 172 dual optics - just I havent had the chance, money, or energy to get it done yet. Its something I think I will sort out in the next few months. - also I may end up ripping off that mesh grill! looks a bit s**tty now.

also I have unfortunately had some puddles all down the left hand side of the floor of the car!! I found a guide on here - and the bloke that wrote it said to unclog the crap from underneath the wheel arch - as thats where the water supposidly gets stuck, and ends up leaking into the car - so I gave that a bash for nothing!!

IMAG0843.jpg

IMAG0842.jpg

IMAG0844.jpg

If anybody knows of anyways to help with the leaking problem.. then any advice would be much appreciated :D

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Y'know what? When I saw the first pics I genuinely facepalmed.

However, reading through the thread, the car's become a lot better, and more civilised. Just the Dual Optics left to do and you'll have a very nice car, well done for seeing the light with regards to bad mods!

Good work, keep it up.

With regards to the water, it may be sunroof related, the drain comes down on the passenger side IIRC.

Grande 1.2
haha facepalmed!!! cheers yeah... looking back over the car I cant beleive how chavvy it was - and i genuinely thought it looked good too. by the end I want it to look a lot more tidy.

and thanks for the advice on the water situation - ill give it a look over tomorrow!

Grande 1.2
Hey guys, just an update on the slow progressing project in which is my car! Todays been a busy day!

So yeah, last month I bought some fog lights, ive finally had chance to wire them up with a rocker switch like this one:

KGrHqQOKjgE6RdHWLSuBOusgW7pgQ60_35.jpg

I initially wanted to put it here on this panel

IMAG0928.jpg

IMAG0927.jpg

but I couldnt find a decent place to thread the wires through; without drilling any new holes. So I decided to use the old hole which I used for my sub wires. this meant that the wires wouldnt reach all the way to the drivers side, so i ended up fitting the switch inside the little box near the cigarette lighter.

IMAG0925.jpg

I was happy with this, as it was neat and tidy, and out of the way.

IMAG0924.jpg

i also wired up an AUX cable for my ipod in the same place. It worked really well, because it means I can pull the wire out as far as i need, and it just gently slides back in when I dont want it.

IMAG0923.jpg

Anyway - I tested the fog-lights, and all ok! they work great! :D

IMAG0926.jpg

Also - I finally bought myself some dual optics!!! about time too, I got sick of looking at the angel eyes:dead:

IMAG0929.jpg

IMAG0931.jpg

lights on - just for demonstration ;)
IMAG0933.jpg

Im really happy with how they look, they finish the car off! all that was left was to give the whole car a top to bottom clean, polish and hoover!

the headlights where already looking clean, and well looked after, but i gave them a polish anyway :cool:

IMAG0936.jpg

IMAG0935.jpg

and the rest of the car...

IMAG0932.jpg

I also got myself some trim paint, and gave the bumpers a quick paint! as they were looking real faded

IMAG0937.jpg

Finally I then gave the inside a good seeing too, hooverd and polished :cool:

IMAG0941.jpg

I also cleaned all the inside of the door, getting rid of all the crap, leaves, muck and oil from the corners.

IMAG0938.jpg

IMAG0940.jpg

Im happy with todays progress!

Im thinking of tinting the fogs yellow, but im unsure - as i think the car looks tidy. Im also considering a carbon badge, and rear window wiper base....:S

Love threads like this, when the Clio goes from being an ultimate wannabe boyracer thing to a really nice looking Clio!! Keep it goin dude! Aux cable job, i like it dude ahaa

Renault Clio 1.4 8v
Where did you get the paint for the sidestrips and that from i cant seem to find any good paint

Grande 1.2
ebay dude, check your colour code, it should be on the inside of the door. sometimes halfords have it in too