ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clio 1.2 16v wont start

hey guys, tried to start my car tonight and it wouldnt start, it turned over so starter moter is ok but for some reason it wont fire up. the orange coil (electrical fault) light is on.
the coil pack was changed around 7 months ago
ive got spare plugs in the boot but not got any tools with me as im at uni in lincoln. but surely if it was a plug it would fire up on 3, any help would be appreciated
chris

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Could be numerous different things

1 - immobilser ( key needs recoding / repairing / replacing ) - does the red immobilser light constantly flash as your turning it over ?

2 - TDC Sensor

3 - Throttle body

4 - ECU ( metal protection cover rubs on loom and shorts system out )

5 - Water ingress on engine wiring loom

Personally i would get the car diagnosed on a Clip diagnostic computer to pin point the fault

corsa 2 litre 8 v
i think it be one of the brown relays under the bonnet just try swapping think its the bottom one with the middle or top, if i remember rightly the bottom one is the injection the other one is a fan and one is something else

my car suffered from this problem recently. the orange coil light (if the same as on 172's) is the electronic fault indicator.
had my car in with a garage and they couldn't pin point exactly what it was however got the car started by removing the electronic control relay and bridging the connections it would make, was it working.
the relay was swapped with the starter motor one to eliminate it as a cause however it fired up with this one in place so that eliminated the relay.
the snap on diagnostic machine they used wasn't able to pick up any codes (apparently this will pick up 90-95% of the codes the renault one can) so now its booked in with renault for weds to hopefully see if the problem lies in the remaining 5-10% of the codes. fingers crossed!