ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 1.2 16v, perfect gear change

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Clio

Does anybody know the perfect revs to change gear when drag racing in the almighty clio 1.2 16v. Need all the speed I can get out of it! ;o)

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

PMSL @ windows rattleing

Depends how you want to drive it.... obviously in a hurry you want to have enough power etc..

I found that just before the limitor (not too close) is a good change area for me.

Experiment rnd on an A road or something im sure you will find it.

BMW M135i

I usally go for just after 5,500rpm which should be just after peak power. For a 1.2 its no dragster but its not bad on the scale of 1.2s though youve got to keep the revs up otherwise itll bog down easily.

Clio

Quote: Originally posted by trailerparktrev on 01 August 2005

Drag racing...... Is it worth it in a 1.2?????
When your 18 and uv got a sh*tty old Punto 1.2 16v next to u thats gonna giv ya a run, a clios the best for insurance and its not that slow. Maybe in a few years the new clio RS might take my fancy.

B-road bully

tru, but dont u feel silly wen da bmw thrashes both of u? lol ive been ther, jus play it safe m8 and wen uve got a RS ull realise it aint reali worth it, i drive my dads 2.3t saab n i realised... y am i goin so fast? wat is this proving?

i dont race mine just enjoy it round the twisties, was thinkin this last night on top gear with that bently the did 195mph iirc, u dont need to go that fast on public roads, i think 0-60 is more important.

Mr2 Roadster

Drag in a 1.2? No wonder you want to know where to change, Id recommend you change at the earliest opportunity into jeans and a T-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.