ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clifford Alarm with Torrets

Ph1 V6
Had my Ph1 172 since June and it has a Clifford Concept 600 with Proximity on it. Since the weather has got a bit colder and wetter in the last week or so it seems to have developed random outbursts of the proximity buzz even though nothing is near it. Anyone else had this problem?

hi pal just got 172 n came with a clifford alarm n not got a manual for it its a head pek 2 buziz n alarm go off

Last edited:

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
I had a Clifford concept 600 on my pug 306, Mine use to go off all the time when the binman would stop his truck right next to my car on purpose so the proximity warning alarm would go off....i think it humoured him no end...:mad:

Also when it was very windy this would set it off. Try taking it back to where the alarm was fitted and get them to reduce the sensitivity of it.

Im sure you can alter the sensitivity with the keyfob...i was given a print out how to do it from the place i got mine fitted, as its not in the manual. I will have a hunt for it..

Sometimes after driving in the rain then putting the alarm on i would get 4 chirps...the alarm sensing that the bonnet was open....basically the sensors dont like water, could be a possibility some water has got to them.

Last edited:
I had a Clifford Concept 300 on my 1.2 (with dual zone proximity sensor) and it never went off when it shouldn't have done.

It's all down to the install! :)

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
IMGP2314.JPG

Here's what i used to change the settings. If your not sure like i said before take it back to where the alarm was installed and get them to re-adjust it.

It's always good now and then when the proximity alarm went off....means the alarms actually working.

I'd prefer the alarm to be too sensitive than not sensitive enough.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Should this information be online? :S

I have a clifford alarm too but it hasn't given any problems
As they say with most Clifford products "its all in the install"

Take it back to your installer and ask them to check it out to be safe :)

Hi there I have a concept 650 and sometimes like the proximity sensor off. To do this on mine you arm the alarm up with all doors etc closed as normal then on the master key fob (with the clifford button on it), press clifford, clifford, open boot.

After pressing these buttons the lights on mine flash 4 times and the sensors are off.

As soon as you disarm it then arm it again all sensors are put on again automatically.

I dont know if its the same on the 600 though.

megane 225
the G4 serioes, i.e. 600 were prone to false triggers, the G5's are alot better seeing as directed chose to manufacture all the internals themselves.
I beleive G5's have FACT2 and the G4's have FACT but this will only obviously some into play on a stage 2 trigger.
Trying adjusting the proximity on the exterior sensor or turn the senor off all together.