ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean16v’s Clio Vs My Corrado VR6

120d Sport

Now that clean16v has got back his clio with 2.0 willy engine...all chipped up the showdown is coming soon.

His clio Vs my Corrado Vr6......I have drove the clio and yeah it is quick...very quick, i have to be honest i was suprised at how quick it was...0 - 100 is rapid.

He has already convincingly beaten a megane 2.0 16v but that was expected.

Watch this space for results update....we plan to compare both cars throughtout the rev range 0- 60, 0 - 100, 50 - 100 3rd gear etc....

ITS ON! it is no slouch at all and is chipped and had throttle work moving it from 190bhp to 205bhp proved on a RR. this thing does 0-60 in 6.4 as standard BUT sitting in it it doesnt feel very fast so who knows?!?! i reckon i will have him or at least be with him til around 60 then bye-bye clio!

Hey all, I did have a race with clean16v last night and yes he did give me megane a nice slap! To be fair we were level in first, but as he slammed it into 2nd the car just leaped ahead of mine a good cars length. As I have a much longer gear ratio on 2nd then his I managed to stay in 2nd up to 70 as he was already in third! As I put it into third he didnt manage to gain any further distance between the two cars. Then fourth came into action, and same again, no gain on distance. So to be honest he has one fast little bugger, and for all u willy boyz out there beware as Clean16v now has a Fast Clean16v! Khany ur gonna have a hand full tonight mate, but watch out for his b*****d 2nd gear mate as that is the distance gainer! Once a get a stainless steel str8 through and my chip sorted I will be back up there. It shud then be runnin @ near 190HP? Oh yeah, I forgot. Ill take the monserous 19" rims off to be a little bit more fair and wak the standard 16" back on! Laterz;)

120d Sport

what we have to take into account is that I may have 40bhp extra but my car also weighs around 400kg more!...its all about BHP per tonne....If you work it out i think the clio will have more BHP/tonne.....but before we can do this clean16v needs to get his on the rollers!

120d Sport

Gworks......not to put a downer on things but I dont think that a chip and stright through exhaust will take you up to 190bHP. How much BHP does a standard Megane 2.0 16v have?

120d Sport

If a standard megane 2.0 16v has 140BHP then is it possible to get an extra 50bhp from chip and exhaust system?

clio 20v

hehe i be comin out to play tonite so u all best watch ur backs :devilish:

seriously tho i expect the corrado to be quickest and for there to be nuthin init between mine and clean16vs that engine was a quick one wen i had it

Khany, feelin what u said dude, but mine @ the mo is running @ 174BHP as shown on a RR result. I have the sheet to prove it. it was also running 143 @ the wheels. So replacing it with a str8 through stainless inc Manifold (10BHP?) and then a chip (8BHP?) then there it is, im lookin at over 180, im sure of it. Bare in mind that u get some good runnin engines too, not all of them come out standard @150, sum willys have been know to RR @ near 165BHP with nowt done to em.:eek:

P.S: The Megane 2.0 16v comes out @ 150BHP standard?!

The earlier Megane 2.0 engines are the F7R - the same, bar a few minor details, as the Williams/Spider and make 150bhp (found in 1.8/137bhp form in the Clio 16v). As most Williams that get RRs prove, the 150bhp seems to be a conservative power figure.

Later Megane 2.0s are 140bhp units and a not similar to the F7R engine.

Quote: Originally posted by Khany on 01 May 2003

If a standard megane 2.0 16v has 140BHP then is it possible to get an extra 50bhp from chip and exhaust system?
In a word, no. Chip gives 8bhp, exhaust will give about 1bhp!

-Rob

Good Job ive got me an F7R engine then. A stainless steel Manifold with str8 through (de-cat) exhaust system will give 10HP.

I have raced the same guy in his Corrada VR6 and its equal with my cup from 30-80 up a hill, pulled a wee bit on him in 3rd.

120d Sport

Neil i have never raced a 172 in manchester yet.....you must have the wrong guy...plus my car is in a garage at my dads house in Bradford....not even in Manchester?......

i raced one recently

from lights till about 70

he was 1 up i was on my own

it by end of second i was about 1 1/2 car lengths in front. i was amazed too.

next set of lights he was right shocked. his mate was taking the piss out of losing to a clio. he refused to beleive my car was not a willy. oh well

but then again my car aint std is it. lol

wongy

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

U guys hav some serious fun. 19s will be holding ur Megane back no end Gworks, probably be beating the Clios on standard biscuits again.

Im desperatly needing some moddage! :(

keep with mikey? No, gets dusted by, yeah. car made 143bhp at the wheels running 19s so it it making alot more than 150!

Jesus christ! Clean "lick my ass" 16v, u really r out to proove u have the biggest balls aint ya. Quote "Keep with Mikey? No, gets dusted by" face it, if I put the 16"s on & had a non blowing exhaust, it wud give u more of a challenge and yes u do beat me no doubt, but will u pls stop reminding every1 bout it, im gettin a headache as im sure they r too. We get the point, u BEAT ME!!!!! LOL. The engine isnt standard, its had a str8 through de-cat exhaust system and has a f**k off big pipercross induction kit on it for who ever thought it was running that sort of BHP standard! ;)

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Competitive strike! I like it. ;)

I think uve decided to sell again after Mehdi wiped the floor with ya, am i right?

120d Sport

Its all about the competition...who is faster...speed is everything!

Mehdi....has set the benchmark......next challenge is the VRs

Revels Mum & Sister

Mate Exhaust on a Valver wont really do arseholes all. And the Pipercross sounds good but if anything will lose power ask anyone here.

So your Megane is running 160 something Standard. RRs can be out mate!

ha ha, glen chill the f**k out mate, your car is about looks but can still hold its own in speed terms no doubt about it. anyways, the VR6 has now been raced and results are posted, good results;)