ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean cars for FCS

106 GTi
TomS said:
i'm not going overboard with cleaning.... will give it a clay etc before but there to enjoy the show and have a look around instead of worrying about dirt tbh..

looking forward to it

Freebone said he is going to get his sheep to crap on the YOJ and take your cleaning stuff off your to see what you do.

106 GTi
Jonaldinho said:
Mine comes out the bodyshop on Friday night! So it'll be a mad rush to clean it.

Quick one for the experts, can I wax or gloss over the newly painted areas? I assume polish would be an immediate no no.

Other way round, you can't wax or seal new paint (unless your painter says otherwise, normally 30-90 days) but you can polish straight away with a pure polish with no sealants or waxes in it.

The bodyshop will have already polished the new paint for you anyway.

Octavia VRS
Yeh Jon as Rich says. I left my newly painted bumper/wing for 3 months before I did anything other than wash it.

106 GTi
If you do want something to use on your new paint, look into Megs #81 Hand polish from there bodyshop range - safe for new paint.

TomS said:
His sheep must be quick then... i'm not waiting for it to catch up on the track! lol ;)

Planned attack is @ the Hotel car park!

Vee dub
Rich said:
If you do want something to use on your new paint, look into Megs #81 Hand polish from there bodyshop range - safe for new paint.

Planned attack is @ the Hotel car park!

Oh behave Richard

1.8 Civic EX
BRAIN-WAVE!!!!

wash the car saturday, wrap it in cling-film, drive to show then unwrap it once parked up!! sorted :clown:

Octavia VRS
Rhino16v said:
BRAIN-WAVE!!!!

wash the car saturday, wrap it in cling-film, drive to show then unwrap it once parked up!! sorted :clown:

My mate did similar to his RST Fiesta when he was at a show down south - to keep it clean and stop stone chips!

106 GTi
There is no plan Dan!

None seem to work, if it gets dirty I will just have to clean it again!

Vee dub
Freebone said:
rich my sheep would target the cleanest car...as it is my sheep he will not crap on mine...it will be yours...lol

lol hard luck richard

mine would be sparkling for the show but I'm thinking I may leave it dirty now

Vee dub
lol!

I was trying to be stealth and sign on for 15 mins.. owned lol

yes sir im back on it

Massey6465 & saxo1.1
I shall be taking the Williams to a drive through tonight at the supermarket-all ready for Sunday.:cool:

BMW E46 330i Touring
I don't think Tom has work to do, he just doesn't want to show himself up at Lutterworth on Saturday, getting tipsy on shandys-a-plenty...

106 GTi
Busy cleaning the YOJ I reckon, he protests too much I think about not caring about the dirt.

Vee dub
lol Rich

Im franticaly trying to find time to clay yoj but this uni work is getting tedious!

106 GTi
Uni work - pah!

Dont bother, I mean come on, just dont do it, cleaning cars is far more important ;)

If your pushed for time on the cleaning, skip the clay and just polish and wax, will be more noticeable than making the paint sqeaky clean IMHO.