ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clean cars for FCS

R35 GTR
Are we gonna have any hose pipes to wash all the crap off, mine wont be too bad, but a few are travelling from scotland, what's the plan guys?

I'm gonna chuck all the cleaning stuff in the boot.

106 GTi
Buckets and a watering can for me.

If I can keep it cleanish on the way, Spray and wipe waterless wash.

Vee dub
Rich said:
Buckets and a watering can for me.

If I can keep it cleanish on the way, Spray and wipe waterless wash.

im going to be pmsl @ you with a watering can walking around your car!

priceless!

106 GTi
Hopefully it will stay clean enough to avoid it...

If not the green can is coming out!

VRS
hummmm i hadnt thought about cleaning

i either go for the dirty sl*g look or chuck a but of water and quick detailer in the boot with a few clothes!

the missis will think im a fruit loop :S

1.8 Civic EX
are we all gonna be cleaning our cars for the first couple of hours of the show then? haha!
the hotel I'm staying in said they woud supply the water for me so I'm gonna wash mine the night before hopefully..if not then I'll be with you guys!

130 miles for me on the Sunday morning, not cleaning it when I arrive though, just on Saturday if the weather holds out. Didn't clean it for RWS last year and it was pissing down on the way there, still looked fairly clean when I got there.

Mazda MX5 1.8
now says sunday is going to be raining.

im just gonna give mine a shampoo before i leave and be done with it i think

106 GTi
Made start on mine tonight - Coat of Megs #7 Show Car Glaze and a coat of wax.

A few spots of rain but decided to carry on anyway and it did'nt come to much luckily!

Octavia VRS
Did work on mine yesterday and today. However didn't manage to apply sealant or wax due to the weather. Hopefully get this sorted on Friday.

Got it fully clayed and Scratch X'd by hand tho and got all the trim/wheels/tyres looking good. That Scratch X by hand is very tiring. My left arm is numb!

I'm taking a couple of buckets to FCS and 'my box of tricks' ;) lol

106 GTi
I remember Scratch X'ing mine by hand, soon made me buy the PC!

Wanted to start mine on Sunday but weather was pants.

Octavia VRS
Now I can completely understand why mate! I don't think I'll be doing that by hand again in a hurry.

I couldn't manage to put a coat of SRP on after Scratch X but the paintwork should be ok for a couple of days shouldn't it Rich?

Renault Clio 1.4 RT
I'll be starting on the interior Thurs. Giving it a wash Sat morn then off 2 work whilst i leave it with my boyf 2 polish (i must b mad!)

Driving up on the Sun morn from Bath so prob just take mist & wipe + cloth. Anything else i'll just nick off Freebone (pleeeeeeease!!!) :D

106 GTi
Penelope Pitstop said:
Anything else i'll just nick off Freebone (pleeeeeeease!!!) :D

He has his goody box going with enough in it for everyone! ;)

_Kenny_ said:
Now I can completely understand why mate! I don't think I'll be doing that by hand again in a hurry.

I couldn't manage to put a coat of SRP on after Scratch X but the paintwork should be ok for a couple of days shouldn't it Rich?

Should be ok the SRP will clean up the paint nicely when you do apply it.

1.8 Civic EX
I'm just gonna bring everything and see what happens....

what sort of sprays a peeps taking? megs quick detailer?? and what cloths? microfibers?

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i am indeed taking everything cleaning wise i own...only a small tray of wonders.........i am not a one stop shop however...although i am sure something can be arranged

only thing i don't own is any detailer at the moment......don't matter anyway its gonna rain

Octavia VRS
Rhino16v said:
I'm just gonna bring everything and see what happens....

what sort of sprays a peeps taking? megs quick detailer?? and what cloths? microfibers?

yep to both!

1.8 Civic EX
hopefuly gonna wash and polish mine Friday....about a 3 hour drive up there on saturday, give it a quick wash/rinse sat night and that should be it...

penelope what time are you leaving as a few of us are meeting at the mall , cribbs at 6.30 am

Vee dub
i'm not going overboard with cleaning.... will give it a clay etc before but there to enjoy the show and have a look around instead of worrying about dirt tbh..

looking forward to it

Octavia VRS
TomS said:
i'm not going overboard with cleaning.... will give it a clay etc before but there to enjoy the show and have a look around instead of worrying about dirt tbh..

looking forward to it

that's the spirit fella!

106 GTi
Providing it stays dry, I will give mine wipe down and QD, plus dress the tyres and trim when I get there.

al

ST on the way...
TomS said:

looking forward to it

Ditto that mate!

The Beast MK4
Mine comes out the bodyshop on Friday night! So it'll be a mad rush to clean it.

Quick one for the experts, can I wax or gloss over the newly painted areas? I assume polish would be an immediate no no.