ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Circlip decease

Clio 182
Hello people

My Clio 172 cup has had the good old circlip decease

Just a quick question on the matter (I know there loads of posts about it) I just want ask is Iv brought the replacement plate kit instead of getting the circlip welded in and just wanted to know when I got the plate does the circlip still need to be fitted or can I get rid of it all together

Thanks

Clio 182
Nice one mukka saves me me buying a new one then, do you know if the plate can be drilled and tapped while the gearbox is still in the car or is it best just take it out?

phase 1 flamer 172
Dont know as ive never fitted one, but wouldnt that risk getting swarf in the box.

Clio 182
Yh I thought about it I was going try and tape it off to prove that the award swarf from going in and keep an magnet close to where I'm dripping to catch it, worse come to worse the box will have to me taken out, just a big job to do that's why I asked to see if anyone's attempted to do it with the box still in

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You can drill and tap the original diff with the box in situ, but you need to stuff a rag in the gap, then smear it with grease to catch the swarf. It's not a 100% clean and safe way of doing it, but that would be the way I have and would do it.

Clio 182
Lads big help so thanks for you time soon as it come I'll get cracking I already took the suspension arm and Hub all off ready for when it come, gues it be a good idea to flush it out a few time for stay on the safe side l?