ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chucked a spark plug?

Clio Sport 172
Typical just MOTd the car and a week later boom. Driving along happy as Larry and it starts backfiring like a racecar and idling at like 3k. Luckily a was 2 secs away from home. Plugged my code reader in and nothing(eBay job)

Took the inlet off and bam one ht lead chowd to bits and the plug looks like it's come out.

Gonna wait till it cools and take the plug out. Anyone got the best course of action?

Regards

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
get the Hole fixed with one of those coils? then new plug and lead would be my guess

Clio Sport 172
Coils and plugs should be here tha morra, engines been tapping for a while, thought it was the tappets, so hopefully it's just come loose and not damages the threads.
Thanks for the replies guys
Regards

Clio Sport 172
Yea been reading, helicoils are no good, timeserts are the way to go for future reference.

Anyways the plug nipped up so I may have been lucky. Changed the lead and put it all back together in between the rain and it's running fine, tapping noise is gone too I'll give it till the weekend and I'll check the plugs are still in there. Thanks for all your replies

Regards