ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Christms Meet and Eat?

I've seen a thread, going on around the (North West) area. Just having a quick read they're organising a Christmas Meal gathering, and upon clicking on the East Midlands section no ones made a thread yet.

So basically for those in the Lincolnshire and surrounding areas do you fancy having a get together for something to eat? I'm not talking about a meal at Rules Restaurant but not a McDonalds either!

Something along the lines of a Pub lunch meal where we can have a laugh and so on.

What do you think?

Don't hesitate to throw some ideas around below.. write when you're available and see if we can get some numbers together.

I know there's a good pub with really top quality grub on the a17 called ''The Barge'' at Swineshead Bridge. It's about the same distance from Peterborough as it is from Lincoln so it's fair for both sides if you're worried about travelling.

The website is here with directions and the menu > http://www.thebargerestaurant.co.uk/find-us.html

^^ This is only a suggestion by the way, like I said, Throw some ideas around!

Last edited:
  LY FF182
Sounds good, a bit more west and it would be better for me, and others around derby/Leicester etc.

I'm happy to travel, so I don't care! It would be good if we could try sort some dates so I could maybe treat myself to a hotel nearby so I can have a pint or two. If we can try and centralise the pub/meet for everyone that would be the way to go!

I have set up a Google Maps map so you can plot your location on the map.

THIS IS A PUBLIC MAP, PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR EXACT LOCATION ON THIS MAP!!!! (somewhere within 10 miles of your house)

You will need to sign in to your Google account which will then bring a menu up under the search bar. Click on the location icon (see picture below) then click your location. Finally give your location a title (your username). Please do not delete other members off this map.

10h65hi.png
https://mapsengine.google.com/map/edit?mid=zjR8da79-mH8.kxct4evq9WmY

This will then help us find the best, and most fair location for the meal.

Thanks

Tom

Should try and get the map stickied in the EM section! Or stickied and locked so no there's no spam maybe?

Then the EM members could just view it, tag their location and see where everyone else is located.

Hmm just thinking actually, anyone can view the map can't they so there would always be someone who deletes other members or whatever.

Is it possible to have a private map that only EM people have access to, like a password to view it?

Sorry for going off track!

Hmm just thinking actually, anyone can view the map can't they so there would always be someone who deletes other members or whatever.

Is it possible to have a private map that only EM people have access to, like a password to view it?

Sorry for going off track!

It is possible but not via password. I have to add each users email address then give the correct permissions!