ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Choosing graphics card

Skoda
I've currently got a Nvida Geforce 6500 512mb PCIe card....

I want something better for playing MS flight sim and other games..

I don't really want to spend much more than £100 if I can help it...

Any advise would be welcome as I've no clue when it comes to graphics cards..

Is the one I've got any good for selling?

Not a Clio
I play COD4 and the likes on a 256MB 7900GS so a 7950GT 512MB should handle MS Flight Sim easily.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
a 7900GT will do the job nicely. i just sold one for £45 (just to give you an idea on price). you could get a bit more performance out of it by overclocking as well.

*edit* - whats you full system spec?

Skoda
a 7900GT will do the job nicely. i just sold one for £45 (just to give you an idea on price). you could get a bit more performance out of it by overclocking as well.

*edit* - whats you full system spec?

Pentium 4 3.2ghz dual core

3gb memory

running xp

Better than yours. C*nt.
ATI tends to be best value for around a ton. And I can make my 8800GTX stutter on Flight Sim, so we'll have less of the abuse towards it!

And FSX is very CPU intensive. It's fixed if you've got a multicore machine though in SP1, but as you're running a P4 you're really going to be strapped down by that more than anything.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
ATI tends to be best value for around a ton. And I can make my 8800GTX stutter on Flight Sim, so we'll have less of the abuse towards it!

And FSX is very CPU intensive. It's fixed if you've got a multicore machine though in SP1, but as you're running a P4 you're really going to be strapped down by that more than anything.

Definitely. Those 3850 cards with 512MB onboard are really good for the money. I think they are around £110 inc.VAT.

One of those alone, trounces my 7900GTX's in SLi combo. :cool:

D.