ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chips

Civic Type R-GT (2007)

Plain and simple question...

Whats the best chip I can get for my Cup?

Would love to hear all the opinions of all those who have a chipped 172/Cup!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

R sport ecu good idea.

as for more serious stuff, dastek uni chip.

And then beyond that ask him ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tappd'd RS

seemingly the superchip allows you to hide it from renault dealers and insurance companies - I would love to know how they do this!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Ive got an R-Sport one...havent fitted it yet though...waiting for the engine to get 2,000+ miles on it before I do.

Warranty wise...the replacement ECU is identical in appearance to the standard Renault item...even down to it being covered with Renault logos...the only difference is the part number.

So, providing you do a good job when fitting it...unless they drive a standard vs chipped one back to back, Id say any dealer would be really hard pushed to tell it had been changed.

Mark

Civic Type R-GT (2007)

What about if you had a problem and the dealer had to adjust something on it or what eva, would the connectivity still be the same, and would it appear the same as the standard if they hooked up to it etc?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

If there was a problem with the ECU itself Id go back to R-Sport who I bought it from. and as as far as I know, its pretty much undetectable to dealers.

Im not 110% certain though...I just couldnt resist the thought of it filling out and flattening the torque curve along with almost another 1,000 revs to play with in times of need:devilish:

can you use the rsport with viper and exhaust? do you have to get all of them fitted before the chip upgrade?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Its off the shelf, theyre all the same...when I ordered mine the guy said that as far as other mods...the only thing hed recommend that would complement it would be a freer flowing filter in a standard air-box (and a sports cat if you can afford it:()...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 09 December 2003

can you use the rsport with viper and exhaust?
Yes, very sucessfully too...

Quote: Originally posted by CUPPY on 09 December 2003

do you have to get all of them fitted before the chip upgrade?
No

Yes. Its a Renault ECU developed by Renault sport in France for use on Group "N" competition cars. I hope this clears some of the confusion surrounding this issue. The ECU is a complete swap item not a plug in and reprogramme procedure which superchips use. Ultimately both ways will give the desired results Superchips their way and Renault theirs.

mmm news for me, we r doing a lot of business with Renaultsport in Dieppe. But there is NO such thing as an ecu developed by Rsport for Group N. Renaultsport itself is not into Group N, 1600cc yes but not 2.0 RS. The 2.0 RS of course can be used for group N but modifications is not done by Rsport, but is mostly a local tuner which is providing the change in software.

Maybe someone can convince me but wherever Renaultsport in France is involved they use Magnetti Marelli (MF4L in Cliocup racers) instead of Siemens Ecus. Maybe its different in UK but here in Europe I can assure you there is NO such thing as a Siemens ecu developed by RenaultSport in Dieppe (F)

172, Tiguan

Either of you guys, please!!!!

Is the R-Sport ECU working with the Climate control yet? If it is i will have one after chrimbo at some point.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by tonykart on 10 December 2003

...I can assure you there is NO such thing as a Siemens ecu developed by RenaultSport...
Well, I cant say if its been officially developed by Renaultsport for Group N but currently I have in front of me a Siemens branded direct replacement ECU for my Clio Cup. Its "Made in France" and also has the Renault logo on it. Who developed that...any idea? :confused:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its the same ecu hardware the mapping is diffrent.

if you think about it its a bit of a con, i can see no reason why the mapping cannot be flashed on to the stock ecu.

@not=for=long well than youse over there in the UK are very lucky, I am currently talking to Maurice Huger (software engineer @ dieppe for RS) and he did not write that software. In other words there is another Renault Sport software developer who writes this software. Maurice will inform me but he says there has never been a release for street-use group N by RS in France (he knows as for he writes all software for RS motorsport like 1600cc, Formula Renault and all cliocup racers in the world) They all use Magnetti and no Siemens. He also asks me if you could give me the 88 or 77 number on the box so he can check.....

I don´t say you r not right don´t forget me wrong, but I trust my friend in this cause he is the source for all this. Maybe it´s a remapped box by Rsport Wimbledon, they bought like 20 ecu´s and had them rewrite by some tuner.