ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Chipped

P

peterh2

Had my clio 16v for a couple of weeks now and loving it :) Put my foot down in 2nd yesterday and kept it there, looked down just before changing and it was doing just over 8,000 RPM and the rev limiter still hadnt kicked in?!?

Has it been chipped, how can I check?

hehe, mines the same.. just keeps going and going. I darent go above 7.5k tho..

Mines Superchipped.

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 09 May 2004

hehe, mines the same.. just keeps going and going. I darent go above 7.5k tho..

Mines Superchipped.

if thats on the williams they really dont like reving that high! you can get away with it on a valver but in a willy its a no no!

It is on the Williams.. I usually chage about 6700 - 7000.. its good, cus I can get 60 out of 2nd.. hehe.

But, I want a standard ECU.

Quote: Originally posted by *328* on 09 May

if thats on the williams they really dont like reving that high! you can get away with it on a valver but in a willy its a no no!
Heard this before but why?? Basically its the same construction...

16v crank is stronger so can take it. Willy is basically a tractor - you wouldnt want to take one of them to 8k would you?;)

2005 Nissan Navara

a 1.8 can rev higher because it has less stroke, therefore piston speed is lower. this means there is less momentum on moving parts, so they can rev faster/higher.

same "theory" as lightening internals

OK, got it... and no i dont want to see tractor revving 8k :D

So basically im one on a safe side cos my motor revs about 7000, and there is lightened conrods (for example), forged pistons and ARP bolts everywhere...?

2005 Nissan Navara

if uve got lightened conrods/crank/pistons/valve gear, the engine will rev easier/higher.

similarly if u DECREASE stroke but increase bore (to re-gain displacement), it will rev higher. hence short throw cranks....

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 09 May 2004

It is on the Williams.. I usually chage about 6700 - 7000.. its good, cus I can get 60 out of 2nd.. hehe.
My 16v will do 60 in second at about 7000rpm. other than ktr ingnition leads, bosch super 4s and a pipercross element my engine is standard. Is this normal???

Bookie

P

peterh2

Just out of interest whats the standard limit I think u33db said it was 7.5k to me but I cant quite remember.