ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheeky B*****D! - Current Scam Warning!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  CLS, RS MEG
Just logged into my ebay account, and someone has helped themselves to a new mobile phone, and used my paypal account to pay for it. I go check my bank account.... minus £498! WTF????

Go check your ebay accounts, there’s some weird stuff going on.

Spoke to paypal and the bank who have frozen both accounts.

The cheek of some people!

Trader Rating - 100%
17   0   0
  1 Series Coupe
Re: Cheeky B*****D!

ok.. check your paypal account for the address that people post items to you.. and see what it is... because they can only get the phone by puttin their address into paypal... unless they emailed the seller seperatly telling them to post to another address...

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  CLS, RS MEG

Maz: I've no idea, presume they just hacked it being geeks. I've changed all the passwords and filed a complaint with paypal, they said i'd probably get reimbursed, but someone has got himself or herself a nice new (free) phone!

I checked the address Pettsi, its been selected as mine, but i haven’t received anything, must of done what you said.

Trader Rating - 100%
130   0   0

same happened to to me just last week :(, bit lower at £210 though. no idea how they got my passwords as my ebay and paypal are completely different :\

Maz

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  LY 200

How are they doing this though ?? just guessing passwords and sending money ??

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

f**k knows but as soon as i get my cash back im rining o2 to see where that phone got delivered to!

could be interesting meeting an internet geek fraudster!

Maz

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  LY 200

Totally confuses me stuff like this, surely they will get causght as the goods have to be send somewhere and usually signed for ?? will you guys get your money back ?? just checked mine and im ok .. phew :)

Trader Rating - 100%
130   0   0

should get the money back without a problem, downside is paypal are usually slow with processing stuff like this :( they were last time something similar happened to me anyway...

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  CLS, RS MEG
Had an update. The bank won't do anything as its down to paypals data protection policy, but my pending fraud report with paypal could take up to 10 days to come through. I get paid weekly, so this weeks wages has just reduced this bloody unauthorised overdraft :( Which i'll be paying tax on!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
i have just got a new debit number and my bank are sorting the money out for me, i dont know how rob has decided paypal was involved i have just deleted my number from every website i used my card on!

Trader Rating - 100%
23   0   0
  AMV8, Mk1 Golf
happened to a mate of mine at work i was with him when he realised, they put like £500 on one of his credit cards and over a grand out of his bank in about 4 days so he hadnt realised

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  CLS, RS MEG
Harry_manback said:
i have just got a new debit number and my bank are sorting the money out for me, i dont know how rob has decided paypal was involved i have just deleted my number from every website i used my card on!

Yer all sorted thanks, should go into my bank by next Tuesday. I decided paypal were involved because it said -£498 'paypal UK' on my bank statement

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  Cooper S JCW
Isn't there a way that they can send you an innocent looking email and you open it and it contains a program that can find passwords/usernames in your saved emails. One of the IT guys at work was telling me about it but it was a bit over my head!!!!

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  182 Trophy #274
make sure you get the feedback :)

hope you get all the money back

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  BMW M4; S1000 RR
Have you even replied to a random Paypal email ?

Always check the address bar, as It's SOOOO Easy to spoof a website. I could make one, and simply get it to record the username and pw when entered, and then simply display an error message instead of logging you in... And even sending you to the real paypal site to retry!!!!

I have had countless Paypal emails to my address asking me to confirm details due to recent fraud activities.

When it asks for email and password, I just enter... "get" and "bent"... Hehe, it says, thankyou for logging in, blah blah blah..

Trader Rating - 100%
20   0   0
but some poor sod gets done ......................:S i delete them but will take the p1ss on the next one :rasp:

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Silver 172 Ph1
Not worth risking as some of the have browser exploits in the page so you could get hack just by taking the piss...if your a loser and run IE :p

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
ask who he bought the phone off if they sent it to a dif addres? or he could of just gone and picked it up:(

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  RenaultSport Clio 182
I've just deleted my PAYPAL account, dont use it and there's too many of these stories flying about for my liking!
Good luck with getting the money back etc

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  BG182®
ebay is getting worse for this sort fo thing. you would think they would try to solve the issues with better transactions and security. my mate in work (well my boss) had his credit cards hacked and lost £2300. it was some geeza in Italy spending it. he recieved all the transactions and couldnt belive it. he had spent all of it within 3 hours in clothes shops etc :eek:... its fookin maddness, just hope it dont happen to me :dapprove:

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Did youever find out where the phone was sent?

Tbh i doubt there ever was a phone, most of these scams involve people buying from themselves. Less paper trail and more money.

As fo the emails, when you get sent one tell PayPal, they sometimes hand out rewards! If you want to verify that an email is ral, dont follow links in the email, goto paypal directly.

Adam

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  172 Cup
No-one's Ebay account gets "hacked" into.

All these people do is enter your username and password just like you would. How they get their hands on this information is a different matter though. Sometimes it's brute force and logical guess work. Other times it's simply through phishing and tricking you into handing over the necessary details.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST
HELP! this has happend to me but on the reverse, Ive sent the phone to a jacked account, had good feedback and everythin so i sent it, just this minute got a email off ebay saying they have removed the item!! WTF, now it will be removed from my paypal!! proper pissed off, can i get the cost of the item back?? thanks

Trader Rating - 100%
12   0   0
  Banana
Have you even replied to a random Paypal email ?

Always check the address bar, as It's SOOOO Easy to spoof a website. I could make one, and simply get it to record the username and pw when entered, and then simply display an error message instead of logging you in... And even sending you to the real paypal site to retry!!!!

I have had countless Paypal emails to my address asking me to confirm details due to recent fraud activities.

When it asks for email and password, I just enter... "get" and "bent"... Hehe, it says, thankyou for logging in, blah blah blah..

I fell for this scam yesterday :( I feel like such an idiot. I gave my card details and everything! By the time i smelled a rat, In had already submitted my details. The main reason I fell for it was because I was actually in the process of buying something off ebay when the email came in. I have since cancelled my card, changed passwords etc and no money has been raped from my account thank f**k. Lesson learned !!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2003 MR2 Roadster
Bad news..

I've been had on e-bay for £300 and £200.

Luckily the bank refunded me and changed my cards etc straight away..

Wish I could get my hands on the fu**ers!!

Trader Rating - 100%
98   0   0
  M140i
This is why u shoulod never link a debit card or bank info to paypal, only a credit card, easier to get funds back if there are problems, and always use a savings account with nothing in it for transactions into ur account, much much safer