ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Checking in

Nil presently.
Hi all,

Having purchased my second 182 last week from @mossyv6 (Lovely chap with an extremely enviable garage!), I think a customary hello is in order!

The car itself is a 2005 FF 182 finished in the lovely Racing Blue with cup stripes. The mileage sits just under 89k, however the engine, gearbox and handling feel markedly better when compared with my previous model. Since last week I've driven almost 1000 miles (which includes the drive back to Cornwall from Sheffield) and can safely say I've been re-bitten by the Renaultsport bug. Seating position aside, there really isn't anything like a 182bhp (cough... ish) Clio on steroids.

Current modifications:

- KTEC/Janspeed Stainless exhaust
- GAZ Coilovers
- Snappy wheel (possibly my favourite part)

Plans for the immediate future:

- Thule roof rack and surfboard attachment
- Replace thermostat
- Gearbox oil change
- Machine polish

Thinking ahead:
The only certainty is a set of Turinis with RSR tyres and some Recaro's...

Beyond that, I look forward to meeting some of you and hopefully learning to view spanners and ratchets as more than just trendy garage fashion accessories!

Cheers,
Joe.

PS. If anybody happens to have any information regarding previous owners/history, I'd love to hear it :)

Out with the old:
634.JPG

And in with the new:
08.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 9.JPG

photo 4.JPG

Attachments

• 634.JPG
    634.JPG
    252.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 08.JPG
    08.JPG
    184.3 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    375 KB · Views: 45
  • photo 9.JPG
    photo 9.JPG
    287.1 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    284.1 KB · Views: 42
  Nil presently.
For anybody questioning the logic of the roof rack, it's not for the JDM Hellaflush Scene look (I promise!), it's more for the avoidance of this :wink: (There's a girlfriend imprisoned in there somewhere...)
8133.JPG

Nil presently.
I never knew he was selling that, looks a peach. Oh and that's my old wheel :wink:

Welcome fellow rb owner :smile:

Haha, no way! The wheel is incredible, I'm led to believe it's now 4 years old? however you'd never believe it, it still looks factory fresh. Mossy advertised the car on the Sunday at 7.30am-ish... I was on the road heading to Sheffield by 8am, probably the quickest sale he's ever experienced! Worth every second second though, despite its lack of documented history, it drives extremely well, and sometimes you've just gotta go with gut :) I'd seen several before this, hearing over and over 'my uncle did the belts' or 'it pops and bangs' and 'it's an easy fix', so naturally I was losing hope.

Are you running RSR's on your clio? I'm looking to get a set as a future investment... How have you found them mate?

Mavez

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio & No Megane
Nice motor fella, take it you're a surfer with the zogs air freshener :D

Nil presently.
Awesome matey and i'm so happy you're happy with it :smile: and I couldn't think of better person to look after it.

I think I need to change my avatar now :wink:

Well let's be honest mate, you won't struggle to find another avatar worthy car on your driveway! :wink:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I would have guessed the wheel was 18months old tbh. Was on the car when I bought it. I run ado8r's as I am looking to do a track day soon ish. Great tyre but so is the rsr.

Nil presently.
Nice motor fella, take it you're a surfer with the zogs air freshener :smiley:

Thanks buddy, but we'll substitute surfer with 'guy who's constantly getting chewed up and spat out by the north Cornish coast'... occasionally there's some surfing in there though, I swear :wink: