ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cheap 182 (With Problems)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Focus ST225, Focus E
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2004-RENAULT-...iewItem&pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item4cef94d968

The car does need some TLC money and time, which I have neither of, break pads discs, exhaust mounts, 2 rear tyres and subframe (front which is bent) hence the price, This has become apparent that the car may have had a bump or has been kerbed in its lifetime and has been partially fixed (new wishbone, new suspension, new front right wing) But to complete the job I have listed what is needed. I was not aware of this when I bought the car. This is a bargin for someone who can look after it and get it sorted. The clio drives brilliantly and is a proper quick hot hatch, its a beautiful car so grab a bargin!

Would it be worth the risk buying it fixing and selling on?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
10   0   0
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Im thinking that, but im unsure on the price of a new Subframe... i can do all the work myself so its just the parts that make up the cost.

Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That's currently a good buy. Subframe is over £500.00 new IIRC correctly, however they can be had for a lot less from a car being broken.

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  GSXR 600
i was thinking of buying this too... but I wonder if theres more to it then the guy says...

if he brought it for 4.2k a few weeks ago, why would he be selling it on at nearly a 2k loss? he cant afford a few hundred quid for a few parts, but can afford to lose 2K...

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  A45 AMG 406BHP
^ maybe he doesnt have a couple of hundred quid spare though.
he may lose 2k but he may not have the time to sort etc.
looks a very good price

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  RB 182
6 previous owners

Sounds good, but maybe too good

1.2 subframes are the same bar one or two bolt holes for the lower gearbox mounts. I bent one on my 1st 172, cost like £30

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Good buy for someone who is wanting to keep it, not much profit in it to make it worth fixing to sell though imo.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 FF Inferno
Is it really that cheap??

My 182 's not at its best - wheels need refurb, belts almost due, cracked front bumper needs sorting, had a new door a while back and I'm not happy how it fits. Not major problems I know but if I was selling, I wouldn't be after a lot more then that ones going for. And mines a 2 owner 56k car.

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
  Golf GTD Mk7
Is it really that cheap??

My 182 's not at its best - wheels need refurb, belts almost due, cracked front bumper needs sorting, had a new door a while back and I'm not happy how it fits. Not major problems I know but if I was selling, I wouldn't be after a lot more then that ones going for. And mines a 2 owner 56k car.

You could probably source parts and do it all for £500, so you're getting a car for around 3250 which is worth about a grand more. Not bad really. Or you could strip it, use it as a track toy and sell all the desirables on here and make a bit of money back ;)