ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

change to 1.5 or stay at 1.2?

Octavia VRS LE
i have a 1.2 clio which i absolutley love. still my first car. i have done a few things to it i have alloys which i know i could change to the 1.5 and sport seats, coilovers have been ordered and i think they will fit the 1.5 but should i change from my 1.2 to my 1.5 5door?
i dont know which 1.5 it is but its high mileage but 05 plate and only £500 if i give them a 1.2 corsa i have for sale....
pretty pointless thread but i just dont know what to do.....

07 Campus Sport 1.2
if you still love it, why change, and if you dont know what car it is, all you know is its a 1.5 of some description, then id be doing some research first if i was gonna change

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If you really wanna change, make sure it's a dci 80 or 100; if it's a 100 I'd swap... Although, being a 5 door I think it'll be poverty spec? Correct me if I'm wrong

Octavia VRS LE
i think it is a poor spec i have seen it before. but i i am not sure what 1.5 it actually is, but i can change the cd, seats, grill, alloys from my 1.2 to it. its just an idea for now but it want look as good as my 1.2 but the costs willl be a lot better.... which is the only reason im thinking of this... or i could try and talk my dad around to keeping the two.... hmmm lol

Focus RS + S3
You dont travel far really tom do you, like work etc, so the ££ savings arent going to be that great, i think it will be silly to
Undo all you're hard work

Octavia VRS LE
only real thing is, is college. im only earning 40 quid a week as i can only workk 2 days and in total its 8 hours or something lol..... and petrol is getting so high... only way i get spare cash is if i deliver for the poxy chinease which is a pile of poo lol...... meh.... college finishes in about 3-4 weeks so i will be working then for 6 weeks then back to college for another year.....

PB172
Why upgrade from a 1.2 which has served you well to a 1.5 with loads ofmiles, likely to go wrong, and have to start again with all your mods :/

Sounds a bit like your not really that interested otherwise you wuld know the ins and outs of the 1.5 :) Good luck either way though pal.

Focus RS + S3
I agree tbh tom, youve got a lovely lookin clio and you want to add a door lol, people usually do the opposite,
But...... I understand what you are saying, and peoples circumstances differ, how many times have i told you im selling up as i cant afford to run it ? Lol

Octavia VRS LE
haha trueee. if you want to sell i can garage i untill i can afford to run and insure ;) haha i wish... :p lol but yeah i love my clio and i am just looking at saving money, maybe just change the way i drive... hmmm :p