ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Central locking

i got a new battery for my key for the central locking, it works sometimes but not that often. ive cleaned the sensor but its still pants. Anyone got the same problem.

Yes i ha ad the same problem.... with my 172 remote central locking, i have had to buy3 new batteries, the third one seems to be working up to now

If you drop a clio 172 key the remote button will stop working normally. This is because the battery in the remote moves to the side slightly and misses the contacts. Just take the battery out and carefully replace the battery back into its location.

How many batteries are in the remotes? I had my batteries taken out of the key fob after getting my alarm fitted, was having problems with the locking and we thought it was cos I was pressing the key by accident instead of the alarm buttons, took one battery out of the key fob and that was all the guy that did it could see and yet the feckin thing can still lock and unlock the car!!!!