ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

category C Clio 182

Za**** & Xr250R
Depend's what kind of price they are after for it personally i wouldn't touch a cat c but if the price is right and all is ok with it then go for it :D

If it's had its cambelt changed and is a really low price, go for it. You have to think of what it'll be worth when you sell it though, and you may have a bit of trouble shifting it when you do decide to.

saxo vtr
I have just been sent pictures of the car it looks well kept, also has very low miles. Would be worth a grand more if werent cat c. Any ideas on how much another key cost as it will only come with one key?

172 cup
Some may not ask for it but when clients have been to me most of the ompanies i have approached ahve either said they wont insure it or will need a report. If your only saving £1000 i wouldnt bother imo

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
To be worthwhile, a Cat C car needs to be a third of the normal going rate.

If its not, don't bother.

saxo vtr
Some may not ask for it but when clients have been to me most of the ompanies i have approached ahve either said they wont insure it or will need a report. If your only saving £1000 i wouldnt bother imo

I hear what your saying(thanks bruv) but its only got 26k on the clock had a few owners & looks mint from pictures I have been sent. So do you think its not worth it or should I big making more of a saving for such a risk.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I hear what your saying(thanks bruv) but its only got 26k on the clock had a few owners & looks mint from pictures I have been sent. So do you think its not worth it or should I big making more of a saving for such a risk.

Insurance Company usually pay only 50% book value on CAT C- bar that in mind-

Low mileage Clio 182 05 Plate will probably book at around 5k give or take-

So 2.5k is coming your way if it gets written off....

S

172 cup

It may look good from the pics but its whats underneath that i would be worried about. I would steer clear there is lots to chose from in todays climate anyway

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6
i would want well more than 1k off its worth nothing and if you crash it can you think what ur insurance company would pay out.

the car is worth nothing but if you can get it i would want photos of before it was fixed

www.renparts.co.uk
Everyone makes such a big deal about cat c's. Where i work iv seen a car with a bump on the wing which was a cat c write off. As long as you see the damage before with the reciepts for whats been done to it i personally wouldn't care. You can get some good bargins with accident damaged cars.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Everyone makes such a big deal about cat c's. Where i work iv seen a car with a bump on the wing which was a cat c write off. As long as you see the damage before with the reciepts for whats been done to it i personally wouldn't care. You can get some good bargins with accident damaged cars.

Thats the problem right there.

The car itself doesn't bother me. s**t, i'd drive round in a Cat A if the DVLA would let me. Its the resale. EVERYBODY is nervous about categorised cars, hence difficulty come resale time.

Just my 2p worth.

ITB'd Ph1 172
I bought my ph1 172 for £800 as a CAT C, needed a drivers door/wing and skirt and a new drivers seat as airbag had deployed! Have fixed it up and it passed it's MOT fine, just waiting for it's VIC test now which costs £41!! When we spoke to insurance companies they weren't fussed that it was a CAT C! Got a cracking quote with itb's declared too!

The only thing to keep in mind is it easily fixed ie just replacing body panels! They can turn into a major money pit!

saxo vtr
I bought my ph1 172 for £800 as a CAT C, needed a drivers door/wing and skirt and a new drivers seat as airbag had deployed! Have fixed it up and it passed it's MOT fine, just waiting for it's VIC test now which costs £41!! When we spoke to insurance companies they weren't fussed that it was a CAT C! Got a cracking quote with itb's declared too!

The only thing to keep in mind is it easily fixed ie just replacing body panels! They can turn into a major money pit!
Thanks bruv I will keep that in mind I now think I can drive the price down on the car as everyone is telling me it should be cheaper it has already been fixed up & I dont know what happend to it.

Personally i'd not touch it due to te stigma that comers with it, but that is me though.
As already said, unless you can get it really really cheap don't go for it as it'll be hard to sell on.
Also, if it hasn''t got pics of the damage it'll be even harder to sell on (personally i'd not even consider it)

I'd want detailed pictures of the damage and the repairs along with a very low price and full service history. Very difficult to sell on, so unless it's a good deal just walk away, it could cost you a fortune if it's just been bodged back together.

200 FF Storm Grey
They are a bargain if you can get over the little voice you're going always have in your head that the car isn't as it should be, plus can be all sorts of internal issues you'd have no way of finding out about until you're living with it

182 (Conversion)
Cat C only adds up to 10% on insurance (sometimes none) - according to Adrian Flux.

As said, make sure it's well repaired (don't bother if the chassis has been damaged or the engine compartment) and has the VIC and MOT. My insurance didn't even want to see the VIC just the MOT.