ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cat D damage, is this bad?

182 with cup packs
if a car has been crashed and repaired but is recorded as a Cat D what does this mean?

are they harder to sell or anything? is Cat d bad?

clio mk2 1.2 16v
Im not 100% sure m8, but i know it will be harder to sell and the amount the car is worth will fall significantly. Also it means that alot of damage has been done in a crash and so the car wnt drive as it should do

Audi TT 225
It means its had a crash and it was uneconomical for the insurer to repair so it got written off, then it was repaired by some one to get it back on the road. Its at least 2 pannels worth of damage upto 40% of the car.

Obviously since its been crashed its worth less than a normal car so you might have trouble selling it on. I found out my old car was a cat d after I sold it and it always had the feeling something wasn't quite right with it but you couldn't put your finger on it. I wouldn't knowingly touch a cat d now....

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
L11KE E said:
if a car has been crashed and repaired but is recorded as a Cat D what does this mean?

are they harder to sell or anything? is Cat d bad?

In brief :

Cat D isn't bad at all . Just the insurance company thought it wasn't economical to repair and paid out the owner . The car is still fit to be repaired and put back on the road , after undergoing rigorous tests to meet high saftey standards .

Cat C repairable but with more damage .

Cat B Salvageable parts then to be scrapped

Cat A straight for scrap .

MrBillyUK !

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
christhekiddy said:
can cat d be a stolen recovered too?

If its stolen / recovered and not damaged no .

It has to be classed as uneconomical for the insurance company to repair .

Check out a new program on sky called " wrecks and rides " . Tuesday night at 10pm .
Vicky Butler Henderson and some c*ckney wide boy bald bloke , all about repairing Cat D's and puttin em back on the road .

MrBillyUK !

H22A7 Accord Type R
this was my cat D....

DSCF0071.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg