ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

***Castle Combe Performance Action Day*** April 9th

Megane 225 F1
Awesome day guys. I too got sunburnt to f**k. About to sort photos out.

After being a passenger in Ash's car, I can't wait to get mine on track :D

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm also sun burnt but it was a great day.

Castle Combe is a great track, I definitely want to do a full day now.

Thanks Will for organising the meet and sorting out the track time :)

Bux

Golf GTD
I can't tell if im sunburnt, apparantly I am :(
Fantastic day though, i hope im still around for the summer one!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Pretty good day busiest one for a long time!

Who was in the blue 172 with the barrier rash down the side? Was rather nippy!

Monaco Blue 172
my face and head hurts :( and also, and will after you left, me and jim fitted my spoiler lol... but it didnt go right, so i drove home with it on the piss, and then had to sort it out!

What an awesome weekend. JMS yesterday for remap + pops and bangs (as tested in the combe car park whoops) then back down to PCAD today. Just got back home to corwall

brilliant day. CS stand looked good and some good clio action on track

Even wearing my stupid hat all day I too got sunburnt. Was a great day and hate to admit that it was even worth getting up at 4.30 am. Much prefer this day to FCS anyday. Thanks Will. for organising the car parking. The drive home was epic, I thought Tim and Fletch still felt they were on track.

Car of the day for me was the green Opel Kadett on ATS cups. It went as well as it looked. Pictures to follow.

Great to catch up with you all and I'm so disappointed there wasn't a prize for the cleanest car.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Sunburnt aswell, very good day. Glad i came just wish it ws in the clio. Sorry i didnt say bye pete but a BBQ was on the go :) Just starting to sift through the pics now, well over 150 of them !

Caterham 270R
my face and head hurts :( and also, and will after you left, me and jim fitted my spoiler lol... but it didnt go right, so i drove home with it on the piss, and then had to sort it out!

Pics

Yea great day and weather , never seen a action day that busy in the last 20 years

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Holla.

Highlight of the day for me was the guy with the liquid orange clio.

LOL think it went like this

Him: "I've got a liquid orange clio"
Us: "You mean Liquid Yellow"
Him: "No it's orange"
Us: "So it's an Inferno then?!"

He seemed alright though, apart from when Fletcher let him blip the throttle so he could listen to the decat but instead he rev'd the tits off it!

Westy. MX5
Pretty good day busiest one for a long time!

Who was in the blue 172 with the barrier rash down the side? Was rather nippy!

Probably me, did 4 sessions. It's totally standard apart from the Eibach springs. Was with me Skoda mates and got totally trounced by a couple off tuned Fabias of over 245bhp. and one with 275bhp. and shed loads of torque.

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Was a spot on day the bodies made a big diff on track shame it took me 2 1/2 hours to do the 40 mile trip home :( Near side wheel bearing didnt enjoy the trip

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Probably me, did 4 sessions. It's totally standard apart from the Eibach springs. Was with me Skoda mates and got totally trounced by a couple off tuned Fabias of over 245bhp. and one with 275bhp. and shed loads of torque.

Black wing on one side? Chasing a VX220 in one session?

Si

RS Clio 172
haha. I'm not the best at the whole "Oh hai, I'm Si. Are you from Cliosportz?"

Next time.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
LOL think it went like this

Him: "I've got a liquid orange clio"
Us: "You mean Liquid Yellow"
Him: "No it's orange"
Us: "So it's an Inferno then?!"

He seemed alright though, apart from when Fletcher let him blip the throttle so he could listen to the decat but instead he rev'd the tits off it!

Knowsit.. Lol

The blue RS with the damaged passenger door, was a PH1 172 and I am pretty sure it wasn't standard!

Fabia Vrs are great until you reach a set of corners ;)

Knowsit.. Lol

The blue RS with the damaged passenger door, was a PH1 172 and I am pretty sure it wasn't standard!

That Ph1 was rapid !

The yellow M3 behind him, was not making up much ground.

Westy. MX5
Knowsit.. Lol

That was not me, yes there was a Dark blue Ph1, went past me easiiy, bit of tuning required me thinks.

Fabias going round corners, yes they are heavy at the front, costs a lot of dosh to correct that, more than my Cup is worth.

Qashcow
That's Gray's old ph1. The paint damage is where he hit it at the previous action day. Had new bonnet, wing and lights etc since. Don't think it has much done engine wise other than the norm, it's just uber light