ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Castle Combe Action Day April 27th

So is the plan to go up on the friday and get a hotel? as it opens at 8 and there is a massive queue, so would be wise to get there at half 7... Sod leaving my house at 5am...

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I forgot about this post! oops.

Read thread dan.

So we can all get in on the stand?

Sod parking in the car park.

Yes, everyone should be able to get on the stand as long as we're allocated enough spaces. In past I've applied for and got 30 spaces and area we get is quite generous anyway.

So is the plan to go up on the friday and get a hotel? as it opens at 8 and there is a massive queue, so would be wise to get there at half 7... Sod leaving my house at 5am...

Queues aren't that bad it's not like Trax or FCS where you wait ages to get in.

South Central meet at Chieveley services M4 J13 at 6.30am then meet South West at 7.30am a few miles from the circuit, from there you're on the stand in 10 minutes.

Is anyone still coming? I've booked a Travelodge up at
Chippenham Leigh Delamere Eastbound on the friday night so I don't have to worry about getting up at silly o'clock etc.It's only £20 for the night, so would be silly not to TBH.

Anyone else wanna do that?

I'm convoying up with some others on the friday if anyone wants to join.

Audi A5
Hhhmm I don't know if ill be attending now, the fact that the track time is £35 a time(instead of £20 what it usually is) and fcs show is now their I don't see much point in going. I might but ill decide closer to the time.

Clio 182 trophy
Hhhmm I don't know if ill be attending now, the fact that the track time is £35 a time(instead of £20 what it usually is) and fcs show is now their I don't see much point in going. I might but ill decide closer to the time.

yeah i was gunna do track time. i dont have a clue why the prices have gone through the roof but some people a willing to pay it.! well if not fcs is gunna be s**t hot this year ;)

Audi A5
That exactly it, they bumped the price up because they no high rollers like chip will still buy the slots ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
That exactly it, they bumped the price up because they no high rollers like chip will still buy the slots ;)

Flol, actually I didnt buy any track time for this one, but I bought one of the 350 quid premium pitches that come with 6 free passes you can use any time of day, so essentially I paid nearly 60 quid each for my passess, whoops!

Audi A5
Flol, actually I didnt buy any track time for this one, but I bought one of the 350 quid premium pitches that come with 6 free passes you can use any time of day, so essentially I paid nearly 60 quid each for my passess, whoops!

I knew you would be along soon that's why I said it lol.

premium pitch? What's that?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They offer clubs 3 deals:
package 1 : free
package 2 : 350
package 3 : 750

the 2 and 3 get better pitches, 2 gets six anytime passes and 3 gets its own track session for 15 mins for just them and no one else.

I went for package 2.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just a little club that a few of us run purely to organise trackdays etc from:
http://clubopd.com

Its tiny compared to CS.

Really good bunch of lads though, feel free to sign up if you want :)

Always more fun doing trackdays in a group and useful to have helping hands and tools available if something goes wrong etc!

I think our crowning glory so far is changing a clutch at santa pod in the camping field, by dropping the engine and box down and then all lifting the car up off it! Then the guys who owned it changed the clutch on the floor, and we lifted the car back over it and jacked the engine back into place, lol

Audi A5
Oh I see that will explain the stickers on the rear bumpers of your fleet then ;)

Yeah I totally agree much more fun doing track days with your mates, especially when your all driving French tin cans!