ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car written off.

I'll keep it short. I was driving on a dual carriage earlier and there are road works on the road some car cut infront of me at the last minute forcing me to slam on the brakes we were doing about 50-60mph and i looked in my rear view mirror and could see a car flying towards us he didnt have time to brake and went straight into the back of my beloved clio.

My car is basically a write off. Im so upset I love that car. Only got the bucket seats in yesterday!

Ive spent the last 2 hours in A&E, I have to take pain killers and rest lots as I had whip lash.

Looks like my time here is over already, hoping to get a Honda Jazz or Civic now.

Im absolutely gutted.

Just goes to show no matter how safe and good a driver you are accidents still happen.

Renault Clio182 bean
Sorry to hear that mate, sort of know how you feel. I had an old 1995 Clio written off back in 2010, I wasn't in the car at the time, lorry hit it lmao.

Sorry to hear that mate, sort of know how you feel. I had an old 1995 Clio written off back in 2010, I wasn't in the car at the time, lorry hit it lmao.

Every penny i earned went into my clio, going to sell all the modified parts though, hopefully get a decent amount from my insurance.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Really sorry to hear this.

At least be thankful that you weren't seriously hurt.

Personally I'd be looking for a RS right now, but if you do want to go elsewhere it's your choice, best of luck.

Really sorry to hear this.

At least be thankful that you weren't seriously hurt.

Personally I'd be looking for a RS right now, but if you do want to go elsewhere it's your choice, best of luck.

Thanks mate, im devastated about the car but like you said it could have been worse.

I'll have a look around see what i can find i'll keep you all updated and no matter what i get i will stay on this forum.

Renault Clio182 bean
To be fair to the OP, Honda jazz's are pretty solid, I service many of them on a regular basis and they are very well built and reliable. If I needed a car that was reliable and wanted a Honda, id get a jazz or civic too, they don't look too bad either.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
To be fair to the OP, Honda jazz's are pretty solid, I service many of them on a regular basis and they are very well built and reliable. If I needed a car that was reliable and wanted a Honda, id get a jazz or civic too, they don't look too bad either.

I'd probably buy a Honda too if I wanted an uber reliable car to take my Grankids out in when i'm 55.

Sorry to hear about this, I bet the dude who cut you up just carried on driving ? They sound like a right tit.
I'd probably buy a Honda too if I wanted an uber reliable car to take my Grankids out in when i'm 55.
Yup, this.

& Kev, message me back ya tool.

Ouch, sorry to hear mate.

At least no one is seriously injured.

Whiplash is awful though isn't it. Had it twice myself (not from car crashes) and each time I couldn't move my neck. When sitting up I'd have to lift my head with my hands. Horribly painful.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Honda jazz with a K20 in yeah? That's what you meant right?

I had my 2013 Megane crashed into the back of twice in 4 months!! Proper messed up both times too.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sorry to hear about this, I bet the dude who cut you up just carried on driving ? They sound like a right tit.
Yup, this.

& Kev, message me back ya tool.

Shitty tapatalk no alerting me, sorry dude.

350Z
Sorry to hear this, but don't get a Jazz. Frightful looking cars!

Could've been a lot worse.

Clio RS 200 Gordini
I'll keep it short. I was driving on a dual carriage earlier and there are road works on the road some car cut infront of me at the last minute forcing me to slam on the brakes we were doing about 50-60mph and i looked in my rear view mirror and could see a car flying towards us he didnt have time to brake and went straight into the back of my beloved clio.

My car is basically a write off. Im so upset I love that car. Only got the bucket seats in yesterday!

Ive spent the last 2 hours in A&E, I have to take pain killers and rest lots as I had whip lash.

Looks like my time here is over already, hoping to get a Honda Jazz or Civic now.

Im absolutely gutted.

Just goes to show no matter how safe and good a driver you are accidents still happen.

*Wisper* Enjoy the compensation... 197/200?

You like them? I love the look of them and it has lots of potential to be a really nice car, I cant wait to get a petrol.
Sorry to hear about the crash, sounds like pretty crap luck!
I'm currently driving a Honda Jazz as I'm back at uni and trying to save money.
Personally I think they look fairly ugly and anonymous, but as a tool from A to B, they are good cars.
I've done just shy of 20k in mine so far (21-41k miles) and never had a single issue of any kind, even a bulb going out!
I'm also averaging a real 48MPG, calculated properly rather than the dash read out and that is in very mixed driving.

Thank you everyone for the kind comments, im probably going to get a 1.4L 12 plate Honda Jazz Vtec, only got 15k on the clock.

Lots of people dont like them but i love the new shape and as not many people modify them i will have a unique car, how many modified Honda Jazz's do you see? Haha

Other driver has claimed responsibility and both me and the passanger are claiming whiplash.

I saw an interesting video of one with a K20 engine in it!
Saw loads of modified Jazzs in Asia, especially in Singapore and Thailand randomly enough.
You never see any here though so might be an interesting idea.

I saw an interesting video of one with a K20 engine in it!
Saw loads of modified Jazzs in Asia, especially in Singapore and Thailand randomly enough.
You never see any here though so might be an interesting idea.

There was a modified one in fastcar magazine last month looked lovely. I will hopefully be supercharging it too.

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
I never said i can't afford a 1*2 :s i said i don't want another clio cause I'd like something japanese.

My mistake, I thought you had said you couldn't afford it/ insurance.

The clio was looking nice though.