ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start.

Leon FR ST
Staring to annoy me,did it two weeks ago and the garage fixed it was a quick job.
Bassically i can hear the fuel pump prime (as u can here the whir) then nothing else happens.Could there be a lose wire or connection somewhere?
Any ideas welcome??
G

172 Race Car
Crank sensor dirty. two 10mm headed bolts on the top of the gearbox. take it out give it a clean in some carb cleaner and refit it. common fault

Leon FR ST
dont want to sound stupid but would you be able to give me a wee guide of what to do? where it all is etc...soz lol.

BMW F31
do a search mate ;) i had the same problem recently on mine and the TDC sensor was dirty, cleaned it and fingers x'd nothing since ;)

Leon FR ST
yea searching the now,just not getting much luck with it,do i need to remove the air filter to get to the gear box??

Leon FR ST
Got it book into a garage on wednesday. but its now running fine so dont know what to do..will they still find a fault on the computer when hooked up?

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Does the car turn over (as in go to start) or do u turn the key and nothing happen? if it turns over and over it will be TDC sensor although the older ones are better. if it does nothing it would say starter motor or connections.

172 Race Car
oh.......... i thought you ment fuel pump didnt run after prime. in that case forget all what i said. like lemonnobby said, starter or connections