ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont start, weird noise

Another problem with my car, getting real boring now! I went to start my car 20 mins ago and nothing! In the video you can see the lights that are on the dash and then the second part of the video is the noise coming from my engine, it's quite loud and i cant seem to find the source of it, anyone know what it is or has anyone had this before?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand though as the key opens and closes the door fine! Alarm gets set too.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I'm not 100% on this as I've stripped mine down so carnt check but the noise I'm sure is the xenon igniter/ballast pack if you turn your lights off you will find out. As for the dash it's showing that the immobiliser is at fault just try this and see if it works (put key in ignition turn to position 2 so that your dash lights up and lock and unlock the car take key out and try and start) if not I can see the UCH being at fault maybe a fuse if your lucky but if not it mega money last time I checked. Goodluck

Da

Less
The immobiliser and central locking work on two separate systems. Just because it unlocks fine doesn't mean the key will be sending a signal to the immobiliser.

Ideally trying the spare key would prove this, but as you don't have one you'll have to start checking things on the car. Decoder ring would be the first thing to try.

As the LED on the dash display fast flashes, it indicates an immobiliser issue.

172ph2
I'm pretty sure that sound is the throttle body.

I recently had issues with trying to disable my immobiliser. The RAC matey left the key in the Ignition in the ON position for about 15mins. It reset and re synced with the key, works fine now. Give that a shot.

BMW 330cd
That sound is the throttle body and it's completely normal. And for the car not starting that is your immobiliser. My key is doing the same just keep locking/unlocking and try to start it, it will start eventually you just got to be persistent.