ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car wont go over 80mph?? 1.2 16v

2001 1.2 Clio
Car wont go over 80 no matter what i do and will only do about 40mph up a hill and has to be in second or 3rd gear.

Why is it like this?

Ive put new coil pack and spark plugs in car.

What can i do to help it exceed this?

Thanks,
Kennie

172 ph-quick
Could be the cat in the exhaust thats broken away and is blocking the exhaust gases from getting out. try getting under the car and giving it a knock with your hand to see if it rattles but thats not always a guarantee if its wedged itself.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
its because its a 1.2.

lol na seriously does it coast no problem off throttle? (brakes sticking if not)

does it seem like its running perfect just with no power or is it running crappy?

2001 1.2 Clio
I just sold it lol......couldnt be annoyed with it, breaks and all were fine, spark plugs and coil pack were just replaced but wouldnt go over 80mph for some strange reason.....strange but never to worry, i will be back, hopefully 182 next year lol