ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car starts and cuts out/idling lumpier than usual

2002 clio 172
Car is 2002 172.
Last night after work I started car, revs dropped and it cut out.
Started it again and it was idling really lumpy. I know they're rough when they're cold but this was rougher than usual.
Tonight after work I started car and revs dropped to around 800rpm and again really lumpy like it was going to cut out. I pressed accelerator and revs stayed around 1300 ish but again noticeably lumpier than normal.

I'm not sure if it's linked but I noticed a noise recently that sounds like horse hooves! Ha! It's coming from the centre of the car, under the ash tray maybe? But on the outside of the car. If I drive slower, the noise slows. Quite odd.

2002 clio 172
exhaust leaking or blowing?

Possibly. I had a ktec system fitted in winter and had issues with the back box dropping. Think one of the clamps had come loose or something. Took it to a garage and he tightened it up but it's still knocking and visible from the back when it's supposed to be hidden behind the bumper so obviously not fit right. I'll get the exhaust looked at
Thanks pal.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
just an idea as you can hear a noise under ash tray ,i had a little saxo with that problem and if i can remember the downpipe was blowing good luck anyway

2002 clio 172
just an idea as you can hear a noise under ash tray ,i had a little saxo with that problem and if i can remember the downpipe was blowing good luck anyway

It's definitely a possibility mate. Problem seems to have started when exhaust issues started. Thanks.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
deffo sounds too much coincedince think i spelt that wrong,i had to have my ktec stealth realigned twice and it was brand new this was 2 weeks ago