ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car sometimes won't start!! WTF!

So my car has developed an annoying habit, where it tends not to start....sometimes! Though if I leave the car for an hour or so and go back, it starts! Wtf? I have 2 keys with the car and both are useless when the car is having a hissy fit! My current solution to this problem is bump starting the thing when it doesn't want to start! Another weird thing I've recently learnt is when this problem arises and I let the car roll a few meters (no key in ignition), I stop the car and start it as normal and it fires right up! I remember reading a similar problem on here but cannot find the thread!

Any ideas guys?

When you say it doesn't start, nothing happens? Or does it turn over?

If you turn the key and nothing happens at all but you have power, sounds like the starting motor spade connection, I've just re-done mine as it was unreliable..

Yeah it's a Phase 2 172 Cup. When I turn the key to start it it does absolutely nothing! When It does this a "Click" sound comes from the passenger side footwell area. Does this mean anything?

SQ5
That's the starter motor clicking trying to engage.

Try and get a jump start off someone. If so you battery is not holding charge or the alternator isn't charging it