ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car Selling Help

This one ^ (someday)
Been trying to sell my 182 for a while and finally got a call from a guy who lives nearby asking to have a look tomorrow morning.

Went through the documents and realised my V5 document has vanished and as far as i'm aware I can't sell the car without it, if so, what can I do?

Thanks,

Tim

P.S I was very amused to find the first invoice from when the car was bought for all of £14,214. I was also more amazed to find the first tax disk was £85!!

This one ^ (someday)
But what if this person wants to buy the car today/very soon, the DVLA take ages to do anything

Mk2 Ph2 172
Then if They want it explain the situation and ask him to leave a deposit or if they are happy to take the car with out it, then write a receipt out with v5 to follow on it.... Make sure you date it and have a copy for yourself

Then once v5 comes sign it put new keepers details down and put the sale date on it, then send it off !!!

Why didn't you check you had it before putting it up for sale lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A new v5 will take less than 5 days to get to you providing your name and address are the same.

This one ^ (someday)
Then if They want it explain the situation and ask him to leave a deposit or if they are happy to take the car with out it, then write a receipt out with v5 to follow on it.... Make sure you date it and have a copy for yourself

Then once v5 comes sign it put new keepers details down and put the sale date on it, then send it off !!!

Why didn't you check you had it before putting it up for sale lol

Ok I was thinking about taking a deposit of some sort. Thanks for your help

This one ^ (someday)
I've sorted it, i've got a V62 form which I give to the buyer for him to fill out and get his V5C. I've written out a receipt acknowledging the sale and the date which we will both sign and have a copy of. sorted!

Mk2 Ph2 172
I would not do that personally as he can changed the day of sale on the v5 then you could have a few tickets heading your way, ok you might get them squashed with a receipt of sale but I wouldn't want the head ache !!!

This one ^ (someday)
It's ok my plans have changed again. I'm sending off for a replacement V5 in the morning as none of my details have changed and the prospective buyer is making his mind up and will put down deposit until the V5 comes through.

Thanks for all your help

Clio RS200
V5 doesn't prove ownership anyway, just proves who's liable for the fines and problems. Its more in your interest to have it rather than the new owner ;)

Mk2 Ph2 172
V5 doesn't prove ownership anyway, just proves who's liable for the fines and problems. Its more in your interest to have it rather than the new owner ;)

Always........

if I buy a car I normal persuade the seller to give me the v5 to send off :)