ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car names...

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The 172 is called 'No-Name' as we didn't have any better idea's at the time. The Micra is called Boris. Also had Myloe, Clio (imaginative), Brum, Brumina (Brum's twin sister), Englebert Wheeliegig (Bike), Flopsy (MG that liked to break down), Zulu, Taloola, Ermintrude (slow, diesel mk4 Fiesta - moved and handled like a cow) and Jeepy.

You win this thread, that's the best name ever. lol

330i. E30 Touring.
Your missus sounds f**king mental.

Saying that, my cars have names.

The Lolvo- my 850 T5.
The goat- 106d- it's like a mountain goat- can go anywhere.
My old 1.2 was Razzle because it's numero plate ended RZL.

RS Clio 182
The Clios never had names,my Leon cupra was the flying nana as it was bright yellow and fkcing fast.the Ibiza Fr was just biza..the Westfield is westy and the company repmobiles I get are demos.as in demonstrators.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Another one here who used the first two letters of the plate for inspiration!

"Mike Tango"

Or "Mike" for short. Tango is kind of apt too with him being orange and all.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Mines called Seth. The girlfriend named it. Because the lad I brought it off looked like Seth Cohen from the O.C.

My 1.2 Clio was called flo. Yet again. My girlfriend named that.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
My 172Cup was called L'il Blue Bullet and the 182 is called 'Titanium Phoenix' as I had to pass the place where I wrote the Cup off to pick this one up...and it was like a Phoenix from the flames...so that and the colour gave her her name. :)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
My 172Cup was called L'il Blue Bullet and the 182 is called 'Titanium Phoenix' as I had to pass the place where I wrote the Cup off to pick this one up...and it was like a Phoenix from the flames...so that and the colour gave her her name. :)

That's quite possibly the gayest thing i've ever heard,
sounds like the name of a cheap stripper. ;)

Bux

Golf GTD
When i first got my 197 I thought about calling it Herman. Now it's just know as 'my clio' now

FF 182
Mine is called Jean Michel Carre... as in Jean Michel Jarre.
My wife named it, just after she got off of "the special bus"

Fiesta ST200
Al, my girlfriend took it upon herself to name your car for you.

She had a look at it, and saw your registration. Her first words were "Why the f**k did he have his name written on his number plates?"...

Anyway, she has named it "Juanita Tennenbaum Vaginosis"... Or "Juan" for short... No idea why she chose a name originating from somewhere in the Americas, but as I said, she can be a bit of a tw*t. In hindsight, it may have something to do with the time she bumped her head after I pushed her down the stairs.

Just in case you wondered, we just held the official naming ceremony in our living room, sorry we didn't invite you, but it was a bit of an impromptu affair if I'm honest. We had a picture of your 200 on my iPad and propped it up by the fireplace, we then sang a hymn (sorry, we couldn't find a bible, so we used a Haynes Manual) and made a toast to the car with a glass of Tescos Finest Cava.

We wish her many happy miles to come.

Seeing as it was an improvised ceremony, we will only be charging you 75% of our usual fee.

I shall PM you with an invoice shortly, we accept all major credit cards, PayPal, and wire transfer via Western Union.

Regards,

Alexiooo & Faye Car Naming Services Ltd.

That's too long for me to say or remember! Thanks for the ceremony and everything though ;)

My 182 was called Renee, and the dci is called 'The FUJ' as the number plate ended FUJ.I always have a name for my car, even though I know it's rather sad. I don't talk to it, I just use the name when I'm talking about the car.

172 Sport
Oliver -

484025_10150856751795130_709735129_12638778_1952881931_n.jpg

I think the name really suits. lol

RS250, 182, 172
My Integra is called Kazumi, im considering fitting an aftermarket tartan schoolgirl miniskit to the rear. The Clio is unnamed as yet. Maybe Dave.

Clenchdcheek

ClioSport Club Member
I always name the car's I like.... Funnily enough only named the Renaults which have been Tilly for my old meg coupe and Millie for the Clio

2013 Clio 0.9 Tce
As my number plate starts with a V Vicki seemed appropriate. It also just happened that it was the name of a work friend who left work just after I purchased her and also her dad helped me do bits to the car.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
mine is called betty.........the only reason being is that she is black!

plus diesels have that guitair ish sound,

Last edited by a moderator:
  3 series, 172 Cup
Love the old codgers on here like! Its a bit of fun at the day!

Mine was called Billy (dunno why haha) and Wor lasses is Suzy the Suzuki (original pet)!

Mates is Colin (Colin the Clio), Wendy the Ka and Paul the Polo!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Slut - mk2 Saxo VTR
Heap - 206
Mindy - mk4 GT TDI Golf
Teggy/Teg - Dc2 Integra Type R
Claude - RS Clio 182