ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car is eating petrol!

mk2 ph1
i gave my car £10 worth of juice today, then drove 10 miles and half of it had already gone! surely this is wrong? just recently i have found myself filling up far too much. don't 1.4s give about 40 mpg? ideas? :rasp:

Mountune Tractor
Mate you need to get that checked at a garage, my 172 will do better milage than that!
Too much fuel in the mixture possibly but go to a garage and get it checked.

Focus ST170
Hi mate check your air filter is bolted on tight as if its loose it will mess up the mixture.. just check the bolts on the filter and the jubilee clips on the hose's...

john

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
dealership/garage asap!!

i'm knocking on the door of 40mpg from my 182 this week...so something's definitely wrong with yours!

Meg on pistonheads £6995
guages are rubbish, fuel trips are not always brilliant - unless tank is leaking, ony way to be sure is brim-full to orange light 2 or 3 times and then work out mpg

mpg calc is a doddle as long as you know 4.545 litres is one gallon