ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Car has been keyed!!

Renault Sport Clio 172
Just found to my absolute horror that the rear quarter N/S of my Clio has been probably keyed but some jealous cnut!!!!! I am raging right now!!!!!! 2 scratches about 18 inches long!!!!! *Deep Breath* Anyway, has any got any experiece on how to make a good job of putting it right? Or am I better off taking it to a body shop and have it done professionally? Have no experience in sorting paintwork. If a body shop it is, can anyone suggest a good place? I'm in Redditch, Worcs/ South Birmingham area. Many thanks!

Megane R26
Has the scratch gone through the clearcoat? Can you get your nail into it?

My friends 206 was done recently and I did a grand job and removing 80% of it, and minimising the rest with a Porter Cable and some Menzerna polish.

I'm in Walsall if you need any help mate.

I don't understand why people do s**t like this :( Sorry for you dude...

Renault Sport Clio 172
It doesn't seem too deep, not enough to to get my finger nail into, feels a bit rough though when you run your finger tip along it. I just don't understand it either mate... I really do think it's jealousy! I'm interested if you're willing to take a look too :)

Megane R26
Yeah no worries - when are you free?

I'm pretty free tomorrow so we could do it then if the weather is okay? It doesn't take long... some pics would be useful if you can please? Is that you silver Ph1?

Renault Sport Clio 172
I can't do tomorrow as I'm working until about 8.30pm. I got tuesday off or next saturday, any of those days any good for you? And yeah thats my silver ph1.

Megane R26
Saturday is cool mate - I'll PM you my details when I get in, bit tricky on me phone.

Cheers

Russ.

Renault Sport Clio 172
STA40508.JPG

STA40509.JPG

STA40510.JPG

Couldn't really get a good shot of the damage because of the light, but I hope that these snaps give you an idea. Never uploaded pictures on here before, didn't know the size would be reduced!

Skoda Fabia vRS
if you cant feel it with your nail, then most/all of it should be able to be buffed out with a PC

Megane R26
As Brun says, should be able to get those out no problem for you - a bodyshop would probably want to respray all of the panels - my friend got quoted £300 and I did it in about 15 minutes!!

I'll pm you now.

Current ride - my Adidas!
hopefully not those scratches that have pitted every so often, i see alot of that on the cars at work. they look miles better when compounded but it still leaves what effectively are chips. fingers crossed. let us know how u get on.

BMW E92/Audi S3
f**king fumin mate. same happened to me. Mine was FAR deeper than that though :( but alot shorter. i hate people like that, they shouldnt even be labelled people. Just jealous pieces of lifeless s**t that should die very slowly of leprosy and a tumour in the foreskin

Lupo GTI
Scum of the f**king earth mate.
Can't afford what you have, don't have the time to put in to your car what you do so their jealous.
Hope you get it sorted mate, makes me sick stuff like this.