ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car broken down

172 with k-tec sound
That should be ready then mate... If they worked on it properly they could have it done in a day or so max but then garages dont exactly push to get customers cars fixed.. you should be fine thouch touch wood... Oh and dont do what i did when i got mine back..... That is enjoy it ! i felt as if mine was never the same and always presumed it would break down so never really enjoyed her after then.. Good luck though Carl... fingers crossed
lol wifes been same as me over it been broke but she loves the car just as much as me even tho she cant drive yet lol

R56 JCW
Carl just read the entire thread, can u confirm that Perrys have said the valves have bent?? Did they carry out a compression test etc??

172 with k-tec sound
Carl just read the entire thread, can u confirm that Perrys have said the valves have bent?? Did they carry out a compression test etc??
hi well they have said 8 of them were bent iv not seen with my own eyes iv seen the car since it went in nearly 2 weeks ago and they were stripping it down but iv not seen the valves i dont know if yhey have done a compression test think they must have done whys that mate:D

172 with k-tec sound
Oh i do trust me lol
thats good then we waited ages for us to be able to get a 182 or a 172 couldnt quite afford a 182 so went for next best thing the 172 n its great a big step from our 1,2 expresion plus my brother in law has a RB 182 and its stunning

R56 JCW
well ask to see proof of the eight valves which have bent, tbh who ever this tech is, and said the cambelt is still on the flywheel doesnt know wat hes on about, if I was you mate, if u want someone who knows what there talking about get ya car down to Birchdown, and tell them whats happened, and let them check it over, thats what I would do, and I gaurentee youll walk away with a smile on ya face knowing the cars been looked after by 2 guys that know what there on about

172 with k-tec sound
well ask to see proof of the eight valves which have bent, tbh who ever this tech is, and said the cambelt is still on the flywheel doesnt know wat hes on about, if I was you mate, if u want someone who knows what there talking about get ya car down to Birchdown, and tell them whats happened, and let them check it over, thats what I would do, and I gaurentee youll walk away with a smile on ya face knowing the cars been looked after by 2 guys that know what there on about
well tbh i really do think i miss heard about the flywheel they do seem like they know what they are doing have correct tools for a renault sport they have said they are working on it but will ask about the 8 bent valves he just said yesterday that 8 had bent but they were doing all 16 cos its just somthing that they do

172 with k-tec sound
well im the happiest man alive iv just picked my car up and shes running better than ever they have done a fantastick job im so pleased

Clio 182 cup
31/10/09
Think i have joined the club. :-(
Today was doing about 60mph in 4th, with window down. heard a noise like a spoon hitting off the spokes of a bicycle wheel, lost power and came to a hault. wouldnt start and didnt sound like every thing was turning over. no warning lights all electrics good.
2005 182 38k miles, first owner, fully serviced including aux belt at 36k last march.
Where do you stand with Renault if the car is out of warranty?
Towed it to the local dealer, hopefully will find out on monday what the damage is. Anywhere in the west of Scotland could do the work if the dealer tries to rip the piss out of me?

Tempted fate, always said i would keep my clio182 untill i blew it up.
looks like i managed to do it.
Happy Halloween!

Last edited:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
31/10/09
Think i have joined the club. :-(
Today was doing about 60mph in 4th, with window down. heard a noise like a spoon hitting off the spokes of a bicycle wheel, lost power and came to a hault. wouldnt start and didnt sound like every thing was turning over. no warning lights all electrics good.
2005 182 38k miles, first owner, fully serviced including aux belt at 36k last march.
Where do you stand with Renault if the car is out of warranty?
Towed it to the local dealer, hopefully will find out on monday what the damage is. Anywhere in the west of Scotland could do the work if the dealer tries to rip the piss out of me?

Tempted fate, always said i would keep my clio182 untill i blew it up.
looks like i managed to do it.
Happy Halloween!

sounds like a snapped cambelt to me,
the noise is the pistons hitting the valves,

Clio 182 cup
My car was also leaking oil from the bolt heads on the rocker cover.
Think the oil may have done the damage to the belt.
Any one else with the oil leak, i would go get it sorted out.
As i said car less than 5 years old and only done 38k.
belt was not due untill next march or 72k.

Again is there anywhere in SW Scotland / Ayrshire / Glasgow area that could sort out my damage, at the moment going to go with the local Renault dealer.

Just hired a puddle jumper for a week, ;-(

Clio 172
I'm in the club also! Well not quite like that although it might be cheaper and then less painful!!!

Renault garage (friends and competent) eventually found fault on my 172 which turned out to be the plastic timing idler having broken up.

15 of the 16 valves bent!!!!!!

Bill half the value of the car. Oh well.

Andy