ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

car broken down

172 with k-tec sound
just been to garage this morning to pick up kurtisy car and they are saying timin belt has sliped they are going to put a new belt on check valves if they r bent replace them does any one know how long this job will take really peeeved i want my pride n joy back

Skoda Fabia vRS
its a good few hours labour mate, id expect it back tomorrow evening depending on how busy they are

172 with k-tec sound
its a good few hours labour mate, id expect it back tomorrow evening depending on how busy they are
cheers mate realy hope so dunno if theyv even started work on it yet he said theire is bits of engin on floor did guy at perrys and the macanic had said they were looking at it thinks belt sliped checking pistons etc keep saying hel phone me but never rings wondering if he means hel ring we works done or wen they know for sure dont get it they had it all day yesterday and all today

172 with k-tec sound
also a good friend of mine has told me hes a macanic that belt sliping may have only bent pistons n not valvs i hope to god thats all

Mk2 1.2 Campus
Yeah valves can be replaced no problem. I wouldn't expect it back tomorrow though, you'll have to wait for them to arrive then takes a while to fit them. You've got 16 so it depends how many are bent.

172 with k-tec sound
Yeah valves can be replaced no problem. I wouldn't expect it back tomorrow though, you'll have to wait for them to arrive then takes a while to fit them. You've got 16 so it depends how many are bent.
cheers mate do they have to get them direct from renault no i dont supose we will get her back till end of week feel a bit better knowing that its not snapped the belt only slipped

Mk2 1.2 Campus
To be honest it could have done the same damage as if it had snapped. You might have got lucky but I doubt it.

I would definately ask if they're putting a full new timing belt kit on, not just a belt

172 with k-tec sound
To be honest it could have done the same damage as if it had snapped. You might have got lucky but I doubt it.

I would definately ask if they're putting a full new timing belt kit on, not just a belt
yeah true i know was thinking that earlier cos if they dont put full kit on then i need to have aux belt done cos if that snapps bk to square 1 as it will take out the new timing belt so il check with them cos he just said belt if they replace valves etc will i notice a diffrence in car also wen i broke down we were just pulling away from roundabout dont know if that makes much diffrence to damage been done

172 with k-tec sound
yeah true i know was thinking that earlier cos if they dont put full kit on then i need to have aux belt done cos if that snapps bk to square 1 as it will take out the new timing belt so il check with them cos he just said belt if they replace valves etc will i notice a diffrence in car also wen i broke down we were just pulling away from roundabout dont know if that makes much diffrence to damage been done
only doing about 20 mph if that

Skoda Fabia vRS
eh ?........sorry but is english your first language, some posts in this thread are very hard to understand

172 with k-tec sound
eh ?........sorry but is english your first language, some posts in this thread are very hard to understand
sorry mate wat i was on about other post put that valves have to be sent was asking will perrys have to get them from renault

2016 Audi RS3
Yes most likely direct from Renault, who should be able to get them in 24-48hrs tops if they don't have them in stock.

It sounds like they are accepting responsibility which is a step forward, whatever you do, do not accept the car back until you are completely satisfied that that it has been repaired adequately - this may well mean you need to involve someone who knows there stuff on the Clio RS (i.e. someone from here).

I have the same problem,my ph2 172 broken on thursday 26 and I have bent valves and snaped timming belt but I think the pistons are ok!

172 with k-tec sound
well iv had a call from perrys work has been approved by warranty company so they are repairing my car:D they are putting 16 new valves in there were only 8 bent but they want to replace them all plus doing a new timing belt i know it takes a while todo but any one got any ideas how long perrys said il hopfully have it bk friday they have the locking tools for the car too so i know theyl do a proper job:D

172 with k-tec sound
I have the same problem,my ph2 172 broken on thursday 26 and I have bent valves and snaped timming belt but I think the pistons are ok!
depends on what speed you were doing really mate its gut wrenching when it happens hope you get it sorted out

Black 197
Depends on gearing too as obviously determines engine RPM.. When my belt snapped i was pulling away from lights and just got into second so was prob doing about 20mph @ say 3k rpm... Smashed every valve plus destroyed 2 piston crowns... Luckily under warranty though

172 with k-tec sound
does anybody know how long it will take a good mecanic to do 16 valves and a timing belt i was told i would proberly get my car bk friday but they only got parts late yesterday afternoon so im wundering now:D

Black 197
Yeah then defo a day or two mate... Anxious times isnt it.. I waited 6 weeks in total for my 182 when it went pop... They told me it would only take a week so you can imagine how i felt every other day when they pushed it further back lol.. Best day ever when i picked her up...

172 with k-tec sound
Yeah then defo a day or two mate... Anxious times isnt it.. I waited 6 weeks in total for my 182 when it went pop... They told me it would only take a week so you can imagine how i felt every other day when they pushed it further back lol.. Best day ever when i picked her up...
yeah i know mate i cant f***ing wait lol sick of the rust bucket they have lent me:D

Black 197
Cambelt snapped at 20k, Done 16 valves and wrecked 2 pistons... Bent the rods too so they say, But due to the car only being a year old (04) they put a spanking new lump in.. 6 weeks total repair time.. Well most of that was shipping the new engine to be fair but was anxious times

172 with k-tec sound
Cambelt snapped at 20k, Done 16 valves and wrecked 2 pistons... Bent the rods too so they say, But due to the car only being a year old (04) they put a spanking new lump in.. 6 weeks total repair time.. Well most of that was shipping the new engine to be fair but was anxious times
ouch yeah its the waiting that kills and yeah its a very anxious times mate take it with yours then they didnt even attempt to try and rebuild your old engine with so much damage

172 with k-tec sound
i cant wait to get her back at least with 16 new valves and a new timing belt shel be back to perfect again:D

Black 197
ouch yeah its the waiting that kills and yeah its a very anxious times mate take it with yours then they didnt even attempt to try and rebuild your old engine with so much damage

they didnt want to attemp to rebuild it as RUK were saying as it was only a year old and with such low mileage it would be in their best interests to slap a new lump in for piece of mind... Car never felt the same after though :(

Was glad to chop it in this year and get my 197... Much better car in every way

172 with k-tec sound
they didnt want to attemp to rebuild it as RUK were saying as it was only a year old and with such low mileage it would be in their best interests to slap a new lump in for piece of mind... Car never felt the same after though :(

Was glad to chop it in this year and get my 197... Much better car in every way
no can imagin it wouldnt mate thats the worry iv got with them rebuilding mine do you think with 16 new valves new belt when theyv put it all in will it run cos its only the bent valves that stop the compression isnt it surly they would not go throu rebulld ect if it wernt going to run

Black 197
Yeah once the valves had been seated and new belts have been fitted etc and its all been timed correctly then it will run no prob mate.. I know its worrying but trust me it'll be ok lol

172 with k-tec sound
Yeah once the valves had been seated and new belts have been fitted etc and its all been timed correctly then it will run no prob mate.. I know its worrying but trust me it'll be ok lol[/quote thats good to hear then thanx mate for all your help iv needed it:D lol

172 with k-tec sound
Yeah once the valves had been seated and new belts have been fitted etc and its all been timed correctly then it will run no prob mate.. I know its worrying but trust me it'll be ok lol
thats good to hear thanx mate for all your help iv needed it:D lol

Black 197
That should be ready then mate... If they worked on it properly they could have it done in a day or so max but then garages dont exactly push to get customers cars fixed.. you should be fine thouch touch wood... Oh and dont do what i did when i got mine back..... That is enjoy it ! i felt as if mine was never the same and always presumed it would break down so never really enjoyed her after then.. Good luck though Carl... fingers crossed

172 with k-tec sound
That should be ready then mate... If they worked on it properly they could have it done in a day or so max but then garages dont exactly push to get customers cars fixed.. you should be fine thouch touch wood... Oh and dont do what i did when i got mine back..... That is enjoy it ! i felt as if mine was never the same and always presumed it would break down so never really enjoyed her after then.. Good luck though Carl... fingers crossed
thanx mate they seem a pretty good garage have all correct tools for a renault sport yeah il do my best to enjoy her too mate its just the thought is there init that it will break down again but il know that shes got new bits in her so its unlikly to iv touched wood lol:D that i have no more bad problems when she comes back thanx mate like i say for all your help hope you enjoy your 197