ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CapGemini

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Had a call from them a while ago about a job, they seemed all keen then never heard from them again.

Bus w**ker
Keep you on for 2 years and then bin you off. At least that's what happened to everyone I used to work with that moved over to them a few years back.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I work for Logica (one of their competitors) and I must admit the rumours I've heard from colleagues that have either worked for them or with them on projects mirrors what's being said in here (not that Logica hasn't been guilty of the same though tbh)

White clique
Capgemini isnt that bad, i work for Gartner and we research all the IT suppliers and know all of their clients, like any IT services company that can and will be ruthless and have struggled in a couple of areas and maybe have a bit of a floppy strategic direction, but there are far worse out there. They are a professional company from what I've seen (and I had dinner with one of the Capgemini CIOs a couple of weeks ago) :cool:

ph2 172
Cookie:

I did and I specifically asked at interview last year about events such as these but they failed to mention as they were unsure wether or not it was the right direction to head in.

Alanc:

Its good to hear some positives, at the end of the day I'm there to do a job regardless of who's name is on the payslip. I'd be more than happy to work for them if they prove to be a good emplooyer (providing they win the contract) but just hope IO dont get binned after the TUPE grace period.

I have heard nothing about this, and suprised there hasn't been an uproar about it. Is it all a bit hush hush and for IMT ears only at this stage?

Any decisions that ever get made here take years to come into effect anyway. Keep your options open and if anything comes up within those 2 years then you can weigh up the situation. The contractors earn more than the permanents anyway don't they?

ph2 172
I don't think they have gone public to the rest of the business yet. The uproar will happen when it gets approved as it stills needs board and ministerial approval before anything can progress.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Ahh this will be about the HGO outsourcing deal then maybe? :) (I didn't clock your location until just now)

My bosses wife is some high up manager there and he was chatting to me the other day about it.

I was saying how there were loads of IT jobs coming up at the moment there (on the civil service job site, when you login with your civil service email account as they were all reserved posts).

He was saying maybe it was due to the impending outsourcing of the IT function there....

I actually applied for something not long ago but got knocked back, although the application form they give you to use is truly retarded. Was designed by a monkey 10 years ago in word, ffs modernise!!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Just wondered as my boss has just got that job lol. His missus is some high up person in another dept there too.