ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cant turn off MIL light , RSTUNER!

Arctic Blue 182
I connected the rstuner to the clio 182 and got the following.....
Untitled.png
It also says unable to remove dtc codes?

Help would be very appreciated!
regards daniel.

Bloody hell that has/had some faults, do you have any lights on the dash? What ones if yes..

Has the inlet been taken off or something whilst the car was running?

Contacted Henk?

Arctic Blue 182
Lower inlet manifold gasket had split on cylinder 1 but I changed it., it wasn't taken off while the car was running, I have a soild red engine managment light and no I haven't contacted henk yet

The last code you have above (the red one throttle limits etc)everyone gets that one so don't worry about that.
May sound stupid but are you selecting ecm in the drop down menu, then erase dtc then refresh dtc??

Seems very odd you can't delete them unless you don't have the obd diagnostic module on the tuner?? I thought they all came with it but maybe wrong?

Arctic Blue 182
Yeah I doing it the correct way just once I click erase it comes up : can't erase dtc ? Do I need to update the vci or something ? And also how can I check if its got the obd2 diagnostics module on it ?

Arctic Blue 182
No but I even remove the code for some reason, surely I must be doing something wrong? If you look at the picture which faults there would be thorwing a eml on start up ?

Arctic Blue 182
I've been contacting him at the moment but I just waiting for a reply,just annoying that it comes "cannot erase dtc" for some werid reason?

Arctic Blue 182
There is no present errror code so why is the eml still on? This leads me to think that a ecu wire has been rubbed through?

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
I assume you are trying to delete the codes with the engine off and only ignition on?

I see battery voltage of 14.8 so that suggests it's running, if it is then you cant erase codes

Doh!
Yeah just try it with just the ignition on and the engine not running. I've always, when clearing faults, done it without the engine running as I thought you couldn't otherwise and it looks like that is indeed the case

Arctic Blue 182
Thanks but once ive removed the codes and clicked refresh there is only the 1 present fault which is the throttle limit one, so i then disconnect the Rstuner and then start the car up the EML is still on , even starting it up a few times the light is still on. So i plugged the Rstuner back in and all the historic faults are back again as if they haven't been erased (this is without driving the car). This all seems very weird.

Any one have any suggestions to fix this?

The throttle limit one is present for every Clio so that is nothing to worry about. Since you live in Norwich I can come and see if I can work out why its happening if you get nowhere

cheers mate, ill see what Henk says and if i can sort it, but if not ill take you up on the offer!

No worries. Hopefully Henk may shed some light on your issue

So other then the solid red engine management light is there any other issues? Is the car playing up?

Arctic Blue 182
i scanned it with a cheap elm 327 scanner before i had the rstuner and it came up "missfire cylinder 1". Done some investigating and found that the lower inlet manifold gasket on cylinder 1 has split badly (check my recent posts for a photo). Before i changed the gasket the EML light came on about 20seconds after the car was started and then was a constant flashing light for some reason and would go out when you accelerated . Since i have changed the gasket it idles a bit better but the EML has changed and is a constant Solid light which comes on straight away , weird huh?

but other than that its fine.