ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't start my clio

Mk1 1.2 Clio Paris
Hey peeps,

I own a 1.2 1998 clio paris.

I noticed twice before my engine failed that it would have a slight problem starting. i had to turn the key all the way as usual, but then twice i had to let it slide back a bit and turn it all the way back to get it to start :S

as I was driving home the other night from work, just leaving a round about I got into 4th gear and with in a matter of seconds it popped back out again and my engine cut out. As I was coasting at a healthy speed I tried to jump starrt it :) but no luck. so pulled up.

The engine still tries to start, seems like somethings isn't quite getting there.
When I was messing about with it today, I got a new sound from the engine :O like it was about to start but then didnt,

Does anyone have any ideas? I have just bought this car so I would like to drive it more then 2 weeks :(

Thanks for replying

Matt