ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't pick up any radio stations!

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My radio has been terrible for a while now, but I've replaced the aerial base and it was much better for a few weeks. But now I can't pick upany stations (not even Radio 1, 2, 3 etc) or even my local station, I can pick 2 up. This was a second hand aerial base, should I now buy a brand new one and replace it again (horrible job!) or something else?

I was thinking maybe replace the antenna adaptor at the back of the radio. What is the adaptor called? If anyone has any advice, I appreciate it. I've always had this problem though, basically one week it'll pick up local stations the next it won't and will just pick up the bad boys.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Sounds like you bought a dodgy Ariel base to me. Changing that for a brand new one would be my first port of call.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
I bought a replacement, think it was a 2nd hand one from Renparts, and it didn't make much difference. Getting a new one is still on my list of things to do!

www.renparts.co.uk
Maccy, when did you order the part from us? It has 3 months warranty but if it is still doing the exact same thing it points to it being something else at fault i.e screw in bit or a dodgy wiring from the back of the radio