ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can someone explain this extra wires ?

Clio 172 ph2 red
Hello,

My clio wouldn't start because of immibilizer problems en few months back. Before that time it happend 5 more times what i could fix bij disconnecting the battery and wait a while. Since a few days i've been looking under the hood if there where problems like moist of rust of something like that. What i found was this:

360.jpg

360.jpg

The left wire was connected to the 9th port of the left outer lane
The right wire was connected tot the 11th port on the right outer lane

This "cable" runs to the relais bord
360.jpg

Could anyone explain me the benefits or the reason to have this ?

when i tried to start again i noticed the immobilizer comes off but it wouldn't start. When i turn the key i have 3 second of engine starting after that time i just hear a click. i've tried 30 times to start and 2 times it starten for a tiny moment but died because of the 3 second problem

Some member at the our dutch community advised me to solder the key so i would do that this weekend. More tip are welcome. I have tried searching on the forum but my technical english is not that good

I hope my story is readable enough

regards stefan

Renault Clio 2003
There is an immobilizer light on the instrument cluster. It is in the middle and of red color. If it is blinking at a pace of 4 Hz (=FAST), this means your key is the problem. In this case try resoldering the key.

If the light is not turning off after say 3 seconds from turning the ignition power on, i.e., the light STAYS LIT, then there is a communication error between the UCH and ECU or the UCH has a problem. But judging from the added wiring (obviously you are fucked, because the added wiring has failed), there is probably a broken wire between UCH and ECU or the wires are a replacement for the wiring from ECU that controls the starter relay. But as you say the starter motor turns okay, so no problem with the starter relay.

The "three second problem" sounds like it is truely the immobilizer preventing the engine from running. There is a three second time-window for the UCH/ECU to negotiate that starting the car is okay. If not in this time-window the ECU does not receive authorization from the UCH module, the starter motor stops from turning/the engine is shut down.

So first, check what the red immobilizer light on the dash is telling you.
Then, maybe dismantle the added wires, and do them again with crimp connectors and a good quality crimping tool.
If it still won't work, let us contemplate over it.

Clio sport 172 ph2
those wires i wouldn't have a clue.... but if the red light goes out before you start then id say that the immobiliser is not the issue, if it cranks 3 times then the red light goes solid it could be the crank sensor (tdc sensor).... good luck with finding out what that wiring is

Clio 172 ph2 red
I've got news. The soldering of the keys hasn't helped a bit butt..... With my clip i have deleted all the faults i could find. There was one called transpondering failure or something. Maybe because i have disconnected it one time like the airbags that were also still a fault. After deleting everything i tried to start it and it fired up right away. So i'm realy happy and can now search for the rest of the parts to get is past his mot.

I also have had more info about the wires. A renault mechanic told me the are for the crankshaftsensor. The place them if it has startproblems because of it. I have now cut them but i wil put them back.

Thank you very much for your help !!

regards stefan