ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I do a novice track day with a cage

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's only a half cage. Someone told me that if I had a cage they wouldn't let me on. Even though it's my first proper track day. I'm looking to give a £100 evening session at Brands a go shortly.

Of course I can give them a call but just happen to be wondering now when they're closed.

Cheers

G

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
I'd be surprised if they'd say no. Novice surely refers to the driver regardless of the car. If you went on and started masterfully carving everyone up like a seasoned track day c**t they would call you on that.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I think its Novice with a pinch of salt....

If you turn up in a race suit, in a race prepped car, with a team of mechanics .. they'll probably tell you to do one.

If you've done 3 track days already, they won't a) know or b) care.

Whether you turn up in your mums Micra or a stripped out Clio with a cage, it doesn't mean you're not a novice ? You might have borrowed a friends car...

Wouldn't worry about it !