ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

can anyone check my car to see if it is cup suspension

as it isnt a full on cup , it has climate , half leather , abs , no cup alt set up , is there anyway in checking with the reg ??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Most 182s have cup suspension, I'd say the ones without are rare.

197 FF Glacier White
Nice car for that money, well done sir! Looks Cup packed I'd say, but then a lot of them LOOK Cup packed eventually, a stealer should be able to tell you from the chassis number.

G

ill have to check tommorow , wests renault had a quick look on there system the other day and said it doesnt show anything about the cup suspension , just wanted to make sure before i fork out £700 on billie's ,

197 FF Glacier White
I'd say you won'y be forking out on billies. There are other options, it's just the better options seem to be for the non cupped RS models and the 172 Cup.

what is a other good track setup for around that sort of money then , had a good look around and there doesnt seem to be much about , the reason i wanted bilsteins as they are tried and tested on the nurburgring and always seem to get great reviews , i want something with quite a stiff spring ..

Evora, C-HR & A180
I'd check in with a dealer just to be sure but as mentioned it does look like cup suspension, but that seriously is a decent bargain:cool:

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO
It looks to be cup packed as its got the larger spoiler and the anthracite wheels

Look under the front lip of your bumper for traces of a splitter thays been fitted

It looks to be cup packed as its got the larger spoiler and the anthracite wheels

Look under the front lip of your bumper for traces of a splitter thays been fitted

it hasnt had a splitter fitted to it , me and my mates had a look the other day and the bumper has no holes or slots for the splitter

S

Ste King 182

that is the same as mine has the cup wheels etc and my spacing is 60mm !!
you measured from middle to middle or top to top of the bolts?

that is the same as mine has the cup wheels etc and my spacing is 60mm !!
you measured from middle to middle or top to top of the bolts?

think i have measured the wrong bit , measured from the bottom of the suspension arm spacing , will need to get the wheel of i think

S

Ste King 182

yeh i measured mine while the wheel was off its on the arm at the bottom you have 2 bolts measure from middle to middle of the two bolts. i think yours will be 60mm as you have the anthacite wheels, spoiler etc.

ok mate , will need to get the wheel of tommorow and measure it , cup suspension cars are such a pain in the ass to get a good track setup coilover for ,

i seen a thread after i measured it , of what to measure , lol , tried measuring the bolt spacing but theres not much room to get in there as the wheel doesnt turn as much as i need it to ,

S

Ste King 182

i seen a thread after i measured it , of what to measure , lol , tried measuring the bolt spacing but theres not much room to get in there as the wheel doesnt turn as much as i need it to ,

lol yeh take the wheel off to measure it then at least you know its deffinatly right.

sorted , is a cup pack , just need to find some decent coilovers now , undecided on what to get , swaying towards gaz gold coilovers dispite what everyone says about gaz on here , i have done some research on gaz and there customer service seems to be great , and there servicing prices are cheap so if they do go wrong after they are out of warranty they will repair them very cheap , plus you can spec what spring stiffness you want at no extra cost , and also the gaz gold coilovers use better bits to the cheaper gaz coily's , have also found a set for £700 delivered

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
I had the cheaper Gaz coilovers a few years back on my cup 182 and thought they were fine. Quite firm, but worked well for me. Gaz golds will presumably be better again.