ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Camber and tracking.

Clio 172 Ph1.
Hi guys.
I've got a 172 ph1. Im going to get it set up on friday.
Does any of you "pro's" know what the front camber and toe should be?

Im on v-maxx and 8" wide 16's, if that makes a difference.

Best regards from Denmark :)

tiTTy & SV650
about -1.5deg camber is good without being exccessive, mine runs -2.5 because I dont have camber adjustment and I will soon have camber bolts and change it to -1.5deg.

Clio 172 Ph1.
okay, i think they are about 2 deg now, thats to much?
What about tracking?
And also, are people shy today? :)

tiTTy & SV650
I think -2 might be considered too much for road use, it just accelerates tyre wear. Not sure about toe

TTRS & V50
2 deg is too much for everyday driving.

My brand new toyo's lasted just 6k before camber killed them and that was -1.75.

I run -1 deg now and -0.05 toe in ! Perfect IMO.

Clio 172 Ph1.
Well as for the toe. I know for a fact that Renault says about -5' Toe-in. which equals to 5' Toe out in the normal world.
so it has to be toe out and not in? What are you guys experiences with this?

TTRS & V50
Preference mate. Some people prefer it in and some out. I haven't got too much knowledge about the difference, but PM brownbear or fred, they have experienced them both.

RS RIP
2 deg is too much for everyday driving.

My brand new toyo's lasted just 6k before camber killed them and that was -1.75.

I run -1 deg now and -0.05 toe in ! Perfect IMO.

this..

it's what i'm running, to pretty much satisfaction . Toe in will give a very nice fast straightline steady track, while toe out made mine being all over the place.
Renault states Toe neutral for our cars , i have done some study into this.

I have not tried much camber negativity but like " Slammmed 172" the camber is just -1 and i like it a lot. I WILL trie a TAD BIT more neg camber next time changing tires ; just to see how she behaves

clio 182cup
i run, toe -0.15° & camber -0.90° and caster+3.28°

@ rear, toe +0.30° & -1.60° of camber

340i
All down to your own personnel preference... set it, drive it, adjust it, drive it, adjust it, drive it until you find what feels "right" for you