ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Same game as last year. And the year before that.

New killstreaks though. Everyone loves new killstreaks.

This is incorrect.

Search my posts in this thread as I link to videos confirming the changes.

There are considerable changes to the game mechanics which was the main problem everyone had with mw2.

I think the problem is there is a considerable amount of trolls in this thread bad mouthing the game before even playing it.

It is so different to bf3 it does not warrant comparison IMO. I think generally you are either bf3 style of player or a mw2 style player. RIP the noob tube and one man army lol :cool:

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
There is more. Research my posts in this thread.

It looks the same, but that is a good thing. Mw2 is very pretty plus has a great game engine.

The important things are the changes in the balance. Less exPlosive damage, no oma, no last stand, more recoil on weapons. The changes are vast. Plus the killstreak changes to points over kills.

Will make it far less frustrating than mw2 hopefully.

People need to actually read what the changes are IMO

People moaning should actually read up about it. The issues are being massively changed for mw3.

Mw2 had no real support due to the issues with who Nader it. This has now changed. They are changing a lot of what people moaned about in mw2. I don't get why people are so upset, what they have done is a good thing!

I'd much rather they fine tuned the balance, game engine and game mechanics over jazzy sounds or graphics.

No secondary shotguns now. Have to be a primary weapon now FYI.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Seb you seem to be still hanging on a thread that COD will be great again. Blops ended that dream for me. It's time to jump ship and get on the BF3 train and put the COD series to bed.

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
There are but they are the same damage as Blops, you basically need it to hit their feet to kill them. Not MW2 esque

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had BF and Cod for the PS3. 2 entirely different games so I will pick up MW3 after BF. I'll wait for a few weeks.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I think the games are so different there is room for both IMO. I enjoy the quick nature of the cod games made by infinity ward. I think mw3 should improve things overall with better balance but I do lament the death of oma and noob tubes lol I guess it is just horses for courses. Some of us are cod others are battlefield.

Seb you seem to be still hanging on a thread that COD will be great again. Blops ended that dream for me. It's time to jump ship and get on the BF3 train and put the COD series to bed.

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Has anyone else played MW3? I did 2 weeks ago at the Eurogamer event. Its back to how MW2 was, nothing like black ops at all which is great. I played BF3 on the day too and then gave the demo a thrashing at home when it came out - I wont say its a bad game, far from it, but it just doesnt have the "feel" that the modern warfare series does. Having said that the publishers of BF3 had picked particularly poor "Razer" xbox pads for use at the event which were dire to use, I suspect they lost a of fans with those as the buttons didnt work properly!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I don't think blops was any worse than mw2, in some ways i prefered it.

you certainly spent a few hours on it considering how s**t it was christopher!

Mountune Tractor
Black Ops was MUCH worse than MW2, people seem to have short memories it was practically impossible to play the game when it first came out. It didn't get much better for about 2 months.
Now, it's basically WAW with different guns and maps. I will never buy a COD game made by Treyarch again.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
i got it a few months after it was released so i didn't see the problems they had initially.

I tried to play mw2 a few weeks ago and it was just ridiculous, no scoping all over the shop. If mw3 is anything like that i'll sack it off.

LY 182
Black Ops was MUCH worse than MW2, people seem to have short memories it was practically impossible to play the game when it first came out. It didn't get much better for about 2 months.
Now, it's basically WAW with different guns and maps. I will never buy a COD game made by Treyarch again.

I've never had any issues with it and I purchased it on release date. My memory is perfectly fine, ta.

Bus w**ker
BLOPS was f**king awful on the PS3 at release...and well forever afterwards. But that's PS3 for you.

It's been great for me on 360 since I've owned it, bit of lag at times and some annoying glitches but it's an online FPS so it's to be expected really.