ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bye bye Clio, Hello VX220!

Turbos.
I have taken the deposit for the Clio today. I'll be sad to see it go but i was starting to get itchy feet so thought i'd get a VX220 for the summer and see how i cope!

It is a scruffy example but i didn't pay much, so i'm spending a bit on getting it tidied up and also getting an exhaust fitted as it sounds rubbish standard. I just have to sort insurance then i can actually drive the thing...

march1.jpg

march2.jpg

march5.jpg

march6.jpg

march7.jpg

march8.jpg

march3.jpg

march4.jpg

Racing Blue 182
Nice purchase. To make the red look good, it needs to have black wheels and back window surround.

whys it a scruffy example though? looks decent from the pics.

Did you pay less than £9k that i paid for my 02 plate LY?

Turbos.
Thanks mate.

It's been polished so looks ok there. Front needs a respray but i was told Rabiata is impossible to match being a two pack colour. A full respray is £3.3k so i'm leaving it!

I paid £9.4k, it has covered 30k. There is a slight tear in one of the seats and i'm replacing brakes/tyres.

Racing Blue 182
Thanks mate.

It's been polished so looks ok there. Front needs a respray but i was told Rabiata is impossible to match being a two pack colour. A full respray is £3.3k so i'm leaving it!

I paid £9.4k, it has covered 30k. There is a slight tear in one of the seats and i'm replacing brakes/tyres.

Sounds like the same problems as mine

Driver seat has a rip - i have been quoted £45 to replace the bolster
Front has loads of stone chips and was missing a V
Interior is a bit tatty, so needs a respray
It had covered 46k miles
Engine mounts are fooked

So far I have-

added HID's
Debadged the rear
Clayed it
Turbo front spoliers

Seems like we both got a bargain, me especially since mine had a hardtop and is 02 plate

You will love it

Ad

MK2 FRS
get some on the T-cut metal polish for the interior, used it on mine, and it looked like new inside and is very gentle and polish along the grain.

I took my seats out a couple of times to clean mine thoroughly,

Looks shiney from the pics!

Mine only had 17k on the clock, so wasnt suffering from the wear and tear other than the brakes.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
Good work mate. I quite like the colour actually...i think its the silver V, surround and wheels that make it look iffy. Anywho, doesn't matter what it looks like or that its got an ecowreck vauxpoo engine, soon as you're behind the wheel you realise what the cars all about. Enjoy!

Turbos.
Yeah, bubble wrap as the seats were wet...lol.

You got the steering wheel right there, it is 330mm. VX has a much smaller one!

I do aim to 'blacken' all the silver bits at some point, perhaps after summer. Eventually will get some nitrons and i'd love some black OZs too.

M2 Competition
Lol, i was actually thinking about you and your shiny new vx today mate.

The sun was shining, passed a load of elises... well jealous!

Turbos.
I thought about you too. That was last night though.

I'm looking forward to donning my tight fitting t-shirt and fake tan soon!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Get the right said fred albums out.

Im a bit shocked. Rob? in a vauxhall?

Whatever next.

(My next car is an E30 M3 so im clearly better than you)

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Looks pretty tidy! Wouldn't say it was scruffy at all lol.

Quite liking the red too, never seen one in that colour before.

Turbos.
The font is supposed to be standard! I thought it looked different too though...

The NSX is eligible for the Mid-Engined Series (http://www.midenginedsportscars.com), which has Nobles, Exigies, Ferraris etc. My dad and i have done a couple of endurances but now it's more of a driver development car because it's hard to get into series' (and be competitive) and is very expensive to repair.

Unfortunately insurance is not sorted for the VX, not that it matters as Plans will still be doing stuff to it for a week or so yet. Good things come to those who wait i guess!

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
What you having done mate?

Mine needs; MOT, Service, new pads, lines and fluid very soon. How much do plans charge p/hr?

Have you tried Greenlight for a quote? My renewals just come through at £900 odd...23, 2 yrs NCB, SP50 (56day ban) Pretty good imo.

service on friday for me

3rd year 20k

135 quid (supplying own oil)

then off to courtenay sport on tuesday for some bits n bobs :)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
love the vx220! looks realy nice imo. would love one myself! :) very jealous!

Turbos.
Pull me over Seb and i might let you have a go...lol.

Not sure about Plans' hourly rate. Probably not the cleverest thing but basically they are going to source a hardtop, sort trim tear, tidy exterior, refurb wheels, service it and fit new brakes.

Just been reading the throttle body thread on the VX forum, must stop looking!!

Any of you guys on Plans' Top Gear style lap time chart? I'm slipping down the ranking every time i go :(

CTR--VX220D
Just been reading the throttle body thread on the VX forum, must stop looking!!

Been reading it for the last few weeks then - its been going on forever! :rasp:

Good choice mate - you'll love emptying the tank out on sunny days!

M2 Competition
If it would cost that much to respray...

Whats actually painted? front and rear clams, roll over bar and the doors? Not much more work than just having the front clam done surely?

Be interesting to pick another colour. Exige orange would be my choice ;)

Turbos.
I'd have to feather the doors, as i'm a bit ANAL with that sort of thing. I was told Vauxhall say you have to respray the whole car. Same thing with the very bright Mandarin Orange which i would of loved to of had!

Wouldn't mind getting it resprayed in Lotus Krypton Green!