ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Buying no cup packs.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Mine was non Cup back in the day.......... after being scammed by Hertfordshire car centre saying it was a cup and not knowing the wiser, but a court case solved that and bought me........ KTEC Coilvers ( best for money ) Cup Spoiler, 172 Cup Turinis best looking ones, Skoda Splitter, Scorpion exhaust which is now rattling under load ( mani to centre joint blowing ) and the treasure of all treasure on a Clio are my gorgeous Trophy Seats that I got from West Drayton Salvage for £150. So I have one of the best packed ones and realistically it cost me about £2500 55K all in the end of day with seats, suspensions, Zorst and other bits :D

In other words, there are plenty of dumb ass dealers out there, find one being sold as a cup that isn't and sue him!

Mine has no cup packs, been in plenty with cup packs, felt no difference.

As above, if you're gonna get coilovers, get one without cup packs.

Cup spoiler is easy to get, and most have turini's now-a-days so not an issue.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
I saw them in a smashed up 172, and was gobsmacked, asked the guy how much he wanted, said £150 I tried so hard not to smirk but I skipped all the way back to the car with my socket set and smiled all the way home, best investment too, can sell them anytime for £600 easy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yes if they have the proper subframes then 600 would be real bottom end price, our trophy ones have a couple of small marks on them and I still gave 650 quite happily for them.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
They're not the most supportive of chairs IMO.

In what context do you mean supportive?
If you mean for posture I cant think of any seats Ive ever seen fitted to a clio mk2 that are better.

If you mean for cornering hard they arent as good as full buckets but certainly better than the standard ones.

Plus they do look epic, lol.

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Not sure on the frame but I took the whole lot and they went straight in, It had a trophy spoiler on too which I got for £15 but sold that for £160 on ebay, couldn't be ar8d with the boot ram issue for the sake of a spoiler.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I totally agree on the posture comment Chip, they definitely do!

I just feel they could be a little more supportive around the shoulders when pressing on!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Like you say though, they look awesome - they sell cars as well, I've appreciated mine more since I fitted the Sabelt RS wheel as well. Really is a great combination!

LY FF182
I actually prefer the standard RS seats.. Find them much more comfy and supportive than treadlines... Must be a minority haha

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
But they look s**t. Trendlines look great buuuut again they aren't comfy, in comparison to the Frp which should be harsher due to being proper sports seats like the CS Sportster Recaros they are very uncomfy.

Those Frp were immense even after 8 hours. I felt it hard to get a comfy position in the Trophy seats. The Missus liked them

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
But they look s**t. Trendlines look great buuuut again they aren't comfy

When we first had trendlines I found them uncomfortable initially but if you sit back in them properly to really make use of the shape of them they are absolutely awesome for keeping your posture right on long journeys, we happily drive to the ring and back in ours and get out with no back issues at all where as we both occasionally get back pain in other seats on very long journeys.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's funny about the posture as it's almost like they went over the top and pushed the lower back support out so that you don't suffer issues, in doing that they made it protrude to much!

I agree though, by the time I sold it I was sitting much better in it and was no longer shuffling around in it trying to get comfy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It's funny about the posture as it's almost like they went over the top and pushed the lower back support out so that you don't suffer issues, in doing that they made it protrude to much!

I agree though, by the time I sold it I was sitting much better in it and was no longer shuffling around in it trying to get comfy.

I think it probably shows how poor most car seats are posture wise and how most of us have started to slouch while driving.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. Very weird, hence why a lot offer adjustable posture in seats. Usually a xsara or something s**t right enough.

The Frp seats are still the best i've used for a mixture of looks, performance and comfort. Especially on a daily car where the 197/200/FRS Recaros can get a tad annoying in regards to breaking you ass bone on the sides!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Been a while since I sat in an FRP, but they are essentially the same as mk1 focus rs seats arent they?

Ie the same kind of a sparco copy of the trendlines IIRC.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since I sat in an FRP, but they are essentially the same as mk1 focus rs seats arent they?

Ie the same kind of a sparco copy of the trendlines IIRC.

Very different mate, both made by Sparco.

Ford%20Focus%20RS%20-%20Seat%202.jpg

racing-puma-botw-interior2.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Base looks slightly different, harness holes at marginally different height and the fabric I know is different, but still both do just look like trendline copies to me TBH!

I guess there isnt really much room to vary the design much on a "sports seat" for everyday use though.