ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

buy the car off my dad or my own? Advice needed!

TT 225+
basically, my dad has a clio 1.2 16v as a run around and for me to drive, done 36k, 5 years old. He wants to sell it and i can afford to buy it off him, the only thing putting me off is the fact that it's a 5 door. I dont know if i'm being stupid about it but it does bother me a bit, but if i did it up it will look ok i think. The other option is to buy my own/ 3 door, older, higher mileage version. I just dont know what to do! Opinions appreciated.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
5 doors ftw.

Obvious choice imo. If it's cheaper, younger and low miles then it could have a billion doors for all I care.

172 cup
sounds like your a young/new driver. Stick with the 5 door to get yourself a couple of years NCB. Sounds like it should be a nice reliable little motor

DCi 100
Just do the cheap 5 door option dude, it's worth not having to mess around trying to find a decent car to buy and then the prospect of it being abused etc.

There's afew nice 5 doors around this site anyways!

Titanium 182
As above I know you want the coolest" looking car you can afford when looking for a car especially first car. But it makes no difference in the long run. Buy your dads, run it, in a few years sell it and buy something nice. Trust me lol I wasted a lot of money 3 years ago when I was 17.

E87 118d M Sport
i would say take the 5 door from your dad mate. you know its a good car. i doubt your dad would try and sell you a shi.tter anyways lol.

dont worry about not having 3 doors. its a 1.2clio at the end of the day. save yourself some cash, get some driving expereince under your belt (if your younger) and then spend your money on a nice 3 door in the future.

Clio 1970000000
Buy the 5 door car from your dad. You know the car well and it will be well looked after. Plenty of time to get a 3 door in a couple of years.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
As above, although its not the coolest car in the world, its cheap, you know its a good car, you know the history of it. and any problems you blame your dad :p

Drive it for 2 years, you wont loose a great deal of money on it. Sell it on or back to your dad, you will have NCB buy something interesting.

Honda civic ep2 05
If it bothered you that much buy the 5 door of your dad at a discounted price offcourse ;) sell it for profit and then buy the 3 door.
Seems a bit silly to me somtimes i wish i had 5 doors cause of the dumb ****s that dont know how to get in the back.

TT 225+
yeah i think i will buy it off him, we've had it from new so i know all the history, i'll go through uni with it and buy a 200 when i get a job after :) he says he will knock a grand off the current value too. Too good to refuse tbh. Belts need doing though ;)

Evo 8 MR
As a first car it would be wise to buy that one but I personally would be flogging it after 12 months.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a minty mint Euro 5 door clio in the projects section.

You should take a look. Looks very very good.

TTRS & V50
Haven't read the thread, but i assume your young. 1990 birth.

Keep it until you 20/21 then get something decent.

Every single one of my mates complains about insurance, and i see so many young people on here spending 2-3 k insuring a clio sport. Such a waste of money, you have all your life to have a quick car. No put shitting your money up the wall, especially when your not experienced. (If your a little rich kid, then why not i suppose, but i still beg to differ you can handle the power properly)

I had a Lupo 1.7 SDI, slowest car in the world, had it for 2 years, 40k miles. Then Saxo VTR for a year and then at 20 i got my Clio Sport... and very cheap insurance compared to most. Then everyone says to me why i have such cheap insurance, its called NCB without spending stupid amounts.