ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Burpspeed Version 2: Race Car Build

Qashcow
Think we must have just missed you Dan, did you bring the family?

Brilliant hospitality again, thanks to Helen and Tony. Hope you got home safely

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Think we must have just missed you Dan, did you bring the family?

Brilliant hospitality again, thanks to Helen and Tony. Hope you got home safely

Only me and alf. We go there at 1030, but only stayed for 20 minutes. Alf gets bored listening to adults talking about cars so we had to get and watch the racing. At £15 each for entry, I wanted my money's worth!!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yeah I was walking round most of the day. Did some viewing from most corners. We had the dolomite there too

182cup & 172 racecar
Great pics as always Chris. I do like the b&w ones, and #4 does look like that I'm asleep, I think I was trying to do the seat belt up, where were you then, didn't see you, were you hiding in the trees?

And yes it was for the little nudge at Quarry, don't see why I should lift if somebody decides to pull across in front of me. Clerk of the Course saw it my way anyway, so result stands. :)

Daniel, I bet your head is like a Swan Vestar match this morning.

4589853894_0742ca2c66_z.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Great result, Tony. I was hoping to come along being fairly local but the good lady needed the car for work :( I'll just have to re-live the experience through the vid's when they go online... :)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Watching tony chase that 205 was hilarious! He was all over him like a rash!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Wouldn't an Mi16 205 be classed as a non original engine? Can't you just throw a LS engine in yours then Tony:cry:

Rules area little loose as it's a new series with few competitors at the moment. Years ago there were people getting round the Mi16 rule for racing by putting the 16v head on the 8v block. The rules were worded to say original block, not engine. It was RAPID anyway, didn't seem like there was anything between the 2 cars until they hit traffic, and sadly there wasn't enough to give Tony enough advantage Superb racing all day long though.
I have epic Combe face, and Deacon just called me to say he's gone home from work to sleep off sunstroke LOL.

Schma Schme 1.6l
​8th overall and 2nd French car. 205 is rapid! Still, did a 1.19, so happy with that.

That 1.19 is a great time. Cup cars, mk2 & 3 manage low 1.18's on slicks, i got into 1.17s but i know combe well and got a tow off my mates supacopa Seat all way up avon rise.

so very good skills indeed sir!

I cant wait to get mine rebuilt and come play.

182cup & 172 racecar
Cheers, I was still breaking a little early for a few corners, the thought of going straight on doesn't bear thinking about. £££££££££

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Epic day Tony! thanks again for the food and drinks.. I am also of the super red face brigade!

Did the camera's record ok? :eek:

Clio 182 Race Car
Well done mate, that's a great time. That 205 must have been a cracker! - nothing like a well sorted 1980's 230 bhp 205 Gti to make you think WTF!

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
I'm still unsure what series to run in but looks pointless running in this with the likes of your car and this 205. Would I be put in your class as I got a 2.0

I'm still unsure what series to run in but looks pointless running in this with the likes of your car and this 205. Would I be put in your class as I got a 2.0

Yes same class, tbh if you have a Clio that's not very modified, then you don't have a lot of chance winning in any race series. Though when a few more people actually start racing in this series (75% Clios) it should be good fun still.

Nick

182cup & 172 racecar
But Gordon lives in Cornwall, so he's not going to all of them because of the travelling, plus anything can happen. You can't just expect to join a series and go out and win (or do you?).

Don't forget #4 has had 3yrs development, we all have to start somewhere. The more you do, the better you get.

Clio 182 Race Car
#40 has had 7 years development and won rock all! It's not about the wining, its how near to second you can get - just get the bloody thing on the track!

Last edited:
  Clio 182 Race Car
Too bloody right exactly, theres loads of people on this ( and other) forums building "race cars" but yet you only get a few cars turn out in French Trophy which is perfect for new cars and new drivers - sure you are not going to catch the experienced drivers with developed cars, but get out there and get the experience, theres no substitute!

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Arguably the guys at the back of the grid battling in their MR2's had more fun than the guy in his Impreza over a second a lap faster..

Clio 182 Race Car
My point exactly! (by the way in my day that pass on the imprezza used to be called a nerf in the back) I must say - you are almost as good as me

182cup & 172 racecar
My point exactly! (by the way in my day that pass on the imprezza used to be called a nerf in the back) I must say - you are almost as good as me
Lol, thanks. I thought I had got up the inside politely there, but he just kept turning in on me.

Ph1 daily & ph2 race
I don't expect to go out and win but I do want to be competitive. The car will be fairly well developed with the help from some experienced saloon car racers before I enter a full season. Obviously I'm out to be the best I can not win. We will see, but the French car trophy looks to be very fun. I may dip in and out of a few series so I can stay local for first year and get some races under my belt then enter a full season in something. I may do a build/report thread but I'm rubbish at keeping them up to date.

You racing at brands in this tony?

182cup & 172 racecar
I don't expect to go out and win but I do want to be competitive. The car will be fairly well developed with the help from some experienced saloon car racers before I enter a full season. Obviously I'm out to be the best I can not win. We will see, but the French car trophy looks to be very fun. I may dip in and out of a few series so I can stay local for first year and get some races under my belt then enter a full season in something. I may do a build/report thread but I'm rubbish at keeping them up to date.

You racing at brands in this tony?

I wasn't being funny. Just got to get out there and give it a go, otherwise you will never know where you are.

No, can't do Brands, as it's GP weekend and I'm working, shame, but got to pay for racing somehow.